Where To Buy Bettas In The Usa

Faythee

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Setting up my sorority and every store I go in to has males only, if any. I managed to find my 1 pretty female at Wal-Mart. In order to start the tank with girls I need to add like 5 at least first ?

Since I will likely need to on-line order them in order to add that many at once, who do you suggest ? Any USA members here breeding & selling ?

Thank you !

my sister newfishey and i are us and will sell soon, my ct babies are only 4 weeks old though so they need at least another 4 till they are old enough to ship,, and yes it is best to have females in groups of at least 4 i keep 7 in a ten gal and they are happy. plus if u get sisters out of the same fry they are usually much nicer to each other

you will get healthier fish from a breeder here usually ;)

but keep checking. at several wal-marts in my area, they have about 10 of each. The local PetSmart has a sorority tank on the wall-o-tanks, not in cups. The last time I was at PetSupermarket, I think it was mostly males, and one in poor condition, so I haven't been back. The PetCo had a large variety of tail type in both genders. The LPS shut down (good, their fish were always sick), and the LFS quit stocking bettas (too bad they don't shut down, their freshwater fish are always ill).

So if the timing of a breeder selling and your needing are not meshing, just keep searching where you can. Aquabid and other places you can try as well.

Sisters are great.

I will be looking for variety when I do it. DTs, CTs, HMs in a variety of colors ... so consider what you are going after visually as well.

Petco and Petsmart carry female bettas as well. My first spawn just hatched two days ago...so I should have some nice HM babies in a while. If you are interested right now, I have two females that I need to rehome. Nothing special. I blue VT with red wash and a blue/red smaller PK girl. Just need to pay shipping on them and fees for some bags/box. I think it's warm enough to go priority-- so-- around $20.

If you're wanting to pay a bit more, check aquabid and look at the sellers in the U.S.

Most reactions

Back