Where do you...

I've gotten two bettas, a blue marble plakat and a yellow HM plakat. I haven't recieved them yet so I can't give you any other details on the oversea shipping situation. I have bought many many fish online domestically and have only had one problem and it was something you could probably expect. They shipped thre aggressive cichlids in the same bag and one of them was missing an eye when he arrived. He's still alive though. :)

My bettas have all come from my local lfs, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from another store or from Walmart, if I saw a pretty one. :nod:

I bought a betta last night from Wal-Mart...lol. They just got a shipment in, so I was looking thru all those cups...I found a red one with blue/silver fins that fade back into red...he is beautiful! I will try to get a picture up on Monday.... Anyways this might be a stupid question, but what (tail) type are the more common betta's?

And if I wanted to breed him, would I need a female of the same color (red)? Or does it matter? Thanks...

We are still going to some pet stores today...I remember that our local fish store had crowntails at one time...so Im going to go check that out...

veiltails. it doesnt really matter what color female you breed him with because he is a mutt anyways. (you wont be able to predict the outcome) but please dont breed unless you have thoroughly researched the topic and know what you are doing.

Oh of course, I wouldnt breed anything unless I had done research on it....for the past couple months, I've been reading about it though...I just could never find anything about the females...I'm not quiet ready to breed Betta's yet...I want to learn everything about them first :D Thanks for replying

I wouldn't bother breeding them unless you got them from like bettatalk or something where you know their lineage. Anyways I buy my bettas from petco. They never have anything but common colors and veiltails but I still love the one I got from there, and I miss stan who was a petco betta :/

I get Mine from Pets At Home - Where I found the Half Giants and Phaeroh.
And A5 Aquatics - Emerald Gold Dawn and Holy Grail White Crown- did not buy as got the Emerald Gold Dawn.

I got a female betta Saturday...she is a greenish/blue color..this is the first female betta I have ever owned.. :) I named her Willamina...haha Buford and Willamina...(from smokey and the bandit) :lol:

Is it true, that if your male betta sees you looking at him while he is guarding the eggs, he will eat them? :crazy:

I got one from an LFS and one my girlfriend "rescued" from a centerpiece at someone's retirement party.

Most reactions

Back