Just born baby koi

Good pictures. Better than mine. I really like the yellow one with the orange on the head. Koi are interesting fish and very tolerant of their of water conditions from what I've noticed in the last year. I just try to keep their water changed out a couple of times a week and don't feed very often.

Good pictures. Better than mine. I really like the yellow one with the orange on the head. Koi are interesting fish and very tolerant of their of water conditions from what I've noticed in the last year. I just try to keep their water changed out a couple of times a week and don't feed very often.

Providing you have a uv filter, they are very simple to take care off. They thrive in hard water and fortunately we naturally have hard water where I live, which means the PH level is stabilised far better which in returns means less possibility of disease.

In the summer, they’re a lot more active, so I feed them at least 3 times a day. Only in winter do I cut back and let them eat the algae in the pond.

I rarely do any water change. Only once at the beginning of the year when I clean the pond and that’s a 75% water change but I maintain their original water to clean their filters in and throw them back in. I occasionally have to top off due to water evaporation.

Most reactions

Back