When do you feed your fish?

wow sir, you go to bed really late!

i feed all mine at 9:20, 10 mins before its lights out.

Though occasionally I feed them at noon

Yeah....It depends what wmood me and my fish are in. If I'm cranky, I dont want to wait 15mins before I can tur the lights of in my aquariums.....so I'll feed them in the morning

SirMinion said:
The diurnal fish are fed at around 8 in the evening and the nocturnal fish get their dinner at around 5 in the morning, just before I switch off the lights and go to bed.

Everyone also gets snacks whenever I'm around.
:blink: 5 am ? yikes - you must be a night owl !

Edit: forgot to say: I feed my fish around 9pm most nights. I randomly skip a night now and again though (just to keep them on their toes!). I also chuck in some cucumber, courgette, mussels or frozen bloodworm after lights out (11pm)

guppygirl said:
Hmmm, usually every other or every two days, depends on how busy I am. Usually in the morning, sometimes if I forgot to feed in the morning, I'll feed at night.
:lol: is "every other" not equal to "every two days" ? ;)

Otherwise, I sorta diet my fish most of the time. :)
:rofl:

I go to bed from anywhere 11pm to 1 am, depending on school, work, ect.

Tokis-Phoenix said:
I go to bed at about 4am :D
Geez do you people take like powernaps during the day and not have jobs ? :crazy: either that, you work nightshifts or are all a bunch of students :p

6 or 7 am (I can't sleep through the sun), 3 or 4 pm, and 8 or 9 pm.

Ghost shrimp and the hex tank usually only get morning feedings though. And uh the clown knives eat whenever they catch a goldy :rolleyes:

bloozoo2 said:
Tokis-Phoenix said:
I go to bed at about 4am :D
Geez do you people take like powernaps during the day and not have jobs ? :crazy: either that, you work nightshifts or are all a bunch of students :p
Nope, tatoo artist and illustrater- i spend my time doing designs at my appartment amoungst a jungle of hamsters and fish. I also get insomnia alot- i can stay awake for 30+ hrs at a time :hyper:

I feed mine at 7.15 am and then 6pm.

Plecs get fed after lights out unless its cucumber :p

feed mine as soon as i wake up so 8 am. and then every other day ill pop a algea wafer in the tank at around 9 pm, and occasionally a slice of cucumber at 7 so i get to see the plec.

i am changing now to feeding every other day.

I usually feed my fish during the day when no one else is around (particually my 7 year old son) so that the shy fish that dont like noise or movement can come out for a feed. If im not about during the day then i feed them at about 8.30pm after he has gone to bed and i know the mrs will be watching the TV and not walking past the tanks.

I usually feed my tank at about 9pm and only feed 6 out of 7 days. I have to be careful in the order i feed aswel or my oscar takes everyones food lol. The food for my oscar goes in first, cichlid pellets or sum frozen/ live. Then a tiny bit of flake food for the blind cave fish and whoever else fancies a bit and then the algae wafers for my bottom feeders. If i feed the tank the algae wafers first, the oscar takes them lol.

dman

Most reactions

Back