What's Your Favourite Kind Of Spread?

What's your favourite kind of spread?

• Total voters
Hiit can be done running or cycling, but most people use an exercise bike. You pedal normally and warm up, then sprint flat out for 30-60 seconds (or as long as you can). Return to normal cycling for a couple of minutes while you recover, then sprint again for 30-60 seconds. Do the sprint 3 or 4 times per session, and do the sessions 3 or more times a week and your good to go.

If you have heart problems or haven't done strenuous exercise for a while, start off slowly and talk to a doctor first. But most people can do it safely as long as you don't overdo it at the start.

Hmmm, running is no fun when you have to hold a certain part of female anatomy to stop bouncing. And no, they don't make sport bras in my cup size :blush:

I never learned how to ride a bike! An exercise bike would be do-able though :) I shouldn't be able to fall off one of those like I did trying to ride a real bike. I still have the scars 50 years later.

Home made lemon curd. Much better than the stuff you buy at the supermarket.

But I've not had any for the last 20 years as I'm not allowed to eat anything made with sugar (diet controlled type 2 diabetes)
Send me some!! (/half-joking)
I've been trying to get into making jam recently, but I'm scared of burning myself!

The recipe has been handed down from my grandmother to my mother to me, so it uses ounces. I'll give the equivalent in grams as well.

1 lemon
1 egg
4 oz (110 g) sugar
2.5 oz (70g) margarine/butter (hard margarine like Stork works better than soft)

Squeeze the lemon and put the juice, sugar and margarine/butter in a pan. Heat gently until everything melts together.
Beat the egg and slowly pour the mixture from the pan into the egg, stirring while you do it.
Strain through a sieve back into the pan.
Stir over a low heat until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens.
Pour into an empty jar.

The secret is to do everything over a low heat. Before mixing with eggs, heat it till the butter/marg only just melts. If it is too hot the eggs will set as you pour the mixture in. Then after the eggs are mixed in, again heat slowly so the egg doesn't start to set into lumps.
Many recipes say to do all this by putting it in a basin in a pan of water on the hob, but I never did - and neither did my mother or grandmother.

It doesn't keep long - no preservatives - so keep it in the fridge and eat quickly.

The recipe has been handed down from my grandmother to my mother to me, so it uses ounces. I'll give the equivalent in grams as well.

1 lemon
1 egg
4 oz (110 g) sugar
2.5 oz (70g) margarine/butter

Squeeze the lemon and put the juice, sugar and margarine/butter in a pan. Heat gently until everything melts together.
Beat the egg and slowly pour the mixture from the pan into the egg, stirring while you do it.
Strain through a sieve back into the pan.
Stir over a low heat until the mixture comes to the boil and thickens.
Pour into an empty jar.

The secret is to do everything over a low heat. Before mixing with eggs, heat it till the butter/marg only just melts. If it is too hot the eggs will set as you pour the mixture in. Then after the eggs are mixed in, again heat slowly so the egg doesn't start to set into lumps.
Many recipes say to do all this by putting it in a basin in a pan of water on the hob, but I never did - and neither did my mother or grandmother.

It doesn't keep long - no preservatives - so keep it in the fridge and eat quickly.
Ooh, thank you! I'll keep this in my bookmarks!

Most reactions

Back