What's Your Favourite Kind Of Spread?

What's your favourite kind of spread?

• Total voters

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Leading on from the great (not so great) Marmite debate, I'm asking a new question. Mainly for @SeaAngel 's sake.
What's your favourite type of spread? Including pâté mainly because it's spreadable and most people use it as a spread anyway.

Let me know if I missed something out.

agree Butter magnificent ha ha!! But I cant bring myself to tick cheese spread for a decent Roule cheese, which I also like a lot. I am very mood dependant when it comes to spreadables....
Marmite is always my go-to, but when I have pate I usually have that on my toast...
Chocolate spread just goes into the brownie mix. Makes a really nice crunch when it's all cooked through.

Home made lemon curd. Much better than the stuff you buy at the supermarket.

But I've not had any for the last 20 years as I'm not allowed to eat anything made with sugar (diet controlled type 2 diabetes)

But I've not had any for the last 20 years as I'm not allowed to eat anything made with sugar (diet controlled type 2 diabetes)
You need to do hiit (high intensity interval training). apparently it can reverse type 2 diabetes.

Define hiit, please? I have suffered back problems since the mid 1980s which prevents certain types of exercise.

Back 20 years ago I had to have a glucose tolerance test to prove whether I had diabetes or not (no HbA1c back then). If I had been diagnosed today I would be classed as pre-diabetic, back then it was yes or no, there was no half way.
My HbA1c was 42 last December, but that is while eating a diet low in sugar and fat.

To be honest, having eaten a low sugar diet for so long, if I have a nibble at chocolate or whatever, all I can taste is sweetness. I probably wouldn't enjoy the lemon curd now :(

Most reactions

Back