Whats Your Favorite Marine Fish Of All Time?

1234-fishy-freind

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was just wondering what marine fish you guys really love out of all the rest.

I will get the ball rolling with my favorite, the powder blue tang.

The Queen "coral lawmower" Angelfish :lol:

Other favorites include the male Christmas Wrasse (too bad it too can nip corals and munch inverts), male Labouti Wrasse, Powder Blue Tang, and the rare super-male Leopard Wrasse which has a green/purple coloration... GORGEOUS!

ive never had a marine tank but i really like lionfish they are sooo cute specially the dwarf version(not good with names lol)

jen

I'm stuck between two, the regal angel or the Picasso Trigger?

White cheek tang
Acanthurus nigricans
p-73941-tang.jpg

Japanese Dragon Eel
SWF_0002099_20030307214714.jpg

Yellowhead jawfish
p-71432-Opistognathus-auri.jpg

Sorry I couldn't pick just one. :look:

P.volitans are my favorite, they look cool and are just so personable. I'm hoping to get one when I move. :good:

Yay, an oppurtunity for pic whoring! :D

Well, I have always been a fan of anything from the Family Antenerriidae:
Lophiocharon sp
DSCF4532.jpg

Antennarius maculatus (all the same individual fish)
DSCF2834.jpg

DSCF2676.jpg

DSCF0420.jpg

Antennarius striatus
100_4290.jpg

100_4754.jpg

And my white ribbon eel (Pseudechidna brummeri) and porcupinefish (Diodon holocanthus) both look good

DSC_7218.jpg

DSC_7217.jpg

PufferShock.jpg

DSC_7277.jpg

But possibly my favourite looking fish (even including frogfish) I have kept would be a Pteroidichthys amboiensis. If I see one of these again I am likely to buy it, despite me no longer buying new fish.

100_4837.jpg

100_4836.jpg

100_4838.jpg

Undoubtedly the pinktailed trigger, Melichthys vidua... wait, maybe the tile moray, Gymnothorax tile... or possibly Diodon holacanthus, or Tetraodon nigroviridis... ah f@#$ it, too hard to pick. :drool:

I love yellow Cow Fish and porcupine puffers. I actually had my large 6 Foot Tropical Tank empty for nearly a year now just to figure out how to turn it into a marine tank so I can keep one of these. (I know they don't go together, sigh). But have finally given up on the idea - the way the tank is made it is just going to be too difficult and also way too expensive.

Mandarin dragonets. Despite their difficult appetite I still favor them. Oh, and sailfin tangs.

Hmmmm there are so many its hard to pick :)

My LFS has a Moon Wrasse in one of their display tanks that I really love. Other favorites would probably be a Fairy Wrasse or flasher wrasse (Clown fairy wrasse and carpenter flasher wrasse spring to mind).

Really like a lot of Anthias as well (Pseudanthias ventralis are amazing looking fish but will never have chance to keep any).

Most reactions

Back