Whats Wrong With My Guppy

Fisharecool:)

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all
My guppy has lately just sitting on the bottom of the tank breathing like she just ran a marathon, and not swimming. i don't know what is wrong with her. she won't eat either. i looked at the tank and saw one dead fry in there, not sure if born dead or because she was on the bottom, had it and he couldn't wriggle out from underneath her. (i found it underneath her). tried getting pic but netting and her inside, didn't work out well.

I would repost this in the tropical fish emergencies forum.

Anyway before we can help we need some info about your tank:

Water quality: (* essential)
*Ammonia:
*Nitrite:
Nitrate:
*pH:
KH:
GH:
*Temperature:

Tank details:
Size:
Tank Inhabitants (numbers, sizes ect):
How long the tank has been set up:
Frequency and amount of routine water changes:
What you feed , how much and how often:
Water conditioner used:
New fish or plants added to the tank? Were they quarantined:
Medications used:
Describe the problems you are seeing:

Filtration details:
Type of filter (external, internal, under gravel).
Maintenance details:
Media used:

try getting a ph and ammonia tester because those are the most frequent thing that kill fish and try feeding your fish once every three day, it work for me when my fish was dying, but since you have a pregnet guppy, feed them once every day until she gives birth to some frys. If this doesn't work, put her in a different tank (1-2.5 gal) and treat her with some salt and some brine shrimp(crushed) and she might will give birth! :kewlpics:

:good: tell me if this work :good:

try getting a ph and ammonia tester because those are the most frequent thing that kill fish and try feeding your fish once every three day, it work for me when my fish was dying, but since you have a pregnet guppy, feed them once every day until she gives birth to some frys. If this doesn't work, put her in a different tank (1-2.5 gal) and treat her with some salt and some brine shrimp(crushed) and she might will give birth! :kewlpics:

:good: tell me if this work :good:

:rofl: A* mate xD

Sorry to hear that Fishy. This sometimes happens with livebearers during birth. Are the rest of your fish okay?

Most reactions

Back