pyromad

Reaction score
Tank size: 30L
pH:7.6
ammonia:0
nitrite:0
nitrate:10
tank temp:24C

Hi there, i have a pregnent female guppy that we beleve has given birth today as i spotted 1 fry in the area of the tank she was sitting, but since then she has been acting very straingly, she has been sitting on the bottom of the fry trap since i put here in this morning when i spotted the fry (i think it got eaten whilst trying to hide a little houdini after escaping the trap) does anyone know what is wrong with her.

My guppy died after giving birth but it was to a lot. She might be exhausted? :lol: I would let her go in the tank rather thank keep her in a breeding net, see how she gets on.

Being in a breeding trap is very stressful for her. I agree with SchottayB ... just let her go in the tank. Unless you're going to become a full-blown guppy breeder, I'd just let the fry fend for themselves. Usually at least a few survive.
unsure.gif

its possible that your guppy already gave birth to all of her fry but they were eaten by the other fish. i would put some plants in there for the fry to help them survive and hide.

All guppies have a different way of coping with pain. I deal with this alot because I breed guppies the most out of all my other fish. When a female pregnant guppy is giving birth it can most likely sit at the bottom, be alone, or in any way act differently. There is always a possibility that any living thing can die while in the process or aftermath of giving birth to offspring. And here is some advice... That fry might not survive to get fully grown. This is because usually not all babies can live... Due to maybe a week immune system, or any other intestants or organs... Anyways... Good Luck! :fish:

thanks for the help and advice but she died. i have a few plants and other hiding places in my tank so fingers crossed i have a few fry hiding somewere in the tank.

Most reactions

Back