What's wrong with my angelfish?!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Charlotte2001

Reaction score
Whats wrong with my angelfish?! I'm so upset right now I came down this morning and it's laid on its side resting against my plants and seems to be gasping my parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate 20200418_074558.jpg

Check your water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Wipe the inside of the glass with a clean fish sponge.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and reuse the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn.

When fish lay in their side and breath heavily, it's usually a bad sign.

Check your water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Wipe the inside of the glass with a clean fish sponge.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and reuse the media. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn.

When fish lay in their side and breath heavily, it's usually a bad sign.
I've done all above. My water parameters are good, it's only that one fish

Try increase your aeration, add more air stone to the tank.

I've done all above. My water parameters are good, it's only that one fish

It is helpful to have the numbers. Different people have varying ideas as to what is "good," so the numbers for any tests will clarify things for the rest of us. :nod:

It is helpful to have the numbers. Different people have varying ideas as to what is "good," so the numbers for any tests will clarify things for the rest of us. :nod:
0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate

Most reactions

Back