What's The Most Popular Tail Type?

Curiosity101

Is now at University! :D
Reaction score
I mean obviously I may be SLIGHTLY over exaggerating there.

But when looking around for somewhere to source a betta from in the coming months I have found very few Delta, Rose or Halfmoon tails. All of which are my preferred type.

I would possibly settle for a double tail, but I'd rather not. (Please no one take offence to that :blush:)

It seems everywhere I look I see crown tail after crown tail. Is this the 'new thing' and so 'cool'? Or am I just looking in all the wrong places?

I don't want a Betta to breed from, just a nice healthy boy with some impressive fins and colours.

Crowntails and plakats just don't do it for me... :unsure:

Yeah I totally agree in your average lfs you only find vt's.
But I'm talking online too.

Can anyone point me towards a good breeder (obviously I'm noseying and breeders on here too!)
If you could list the breeders on here that would also be very much appreciated. :)

Hi

Breeder wise on here are us, and Modaz has some on the go to :good: Devon Charm has imports at present i believe.

Search on ebay under betta :good:

There's probably more Sd's and Hm's available on there than vt's and ct's.

I searched on Ebay...there aren't any at the moment :(

Not that I'm ready to buy anyways, it just seems like when I am ready I'll still not be able to find my perfect boy...

If I could have any combination possible I'd have a Butterfly or Multicolour Rosetail, HM or Delta Tail (But not super delta)...
Not that I'm picky or anything.

I can wait though. I'm going to get my most perfect of perfect fish and then treat him like a king. lol.

It's definately worth waiting to get what you're looking for. I waited about 3 months for my butterfly halfmoon boy but it was soooo worth it :good:

I have exactly the same problem with buying betta's in the uk. All the LFS stock's are poor looking VT's. I have bought two bettas from Modaz in the past which were really beautiful and arrived in excellent condition but they have sadly passed on, but he doesnt have any on his web site (or any i can find). But i have noticed he has got some in his Ebay shop under DP Fishways.

At the moment the best website i have seen and im currently pondering whether to buy from is the betta lady. She has just had a new shipment of betta's in and they are something special but are selling really fast so be quick!

In my area, VTs were overwhelming for awhile, and then... they introduced CTs. Now I think there's more CTs around than anything else.

One- count 'em, one- petstore in my area sells plakats (king bettas) and other tail types. First time I've seen one of 'em in the flesh! (scale?)

yup the ebay name above is me. got some on there at the moment, all apart from the ct were bred by myself and still babies with much more growing to do. Website will serve a nice supply very soon.

Oh WOW thebettalady.co.uk has the perfect stock selection. :D
I'm not ruling anyone out as I'm still going to have to wait a few months anyways before I can buy one.
But I'm certainly going to keep my out on that site for future shipments!

My local fishie shop has some really top notch Quad ray Crowns in at present, and at normal ct price of £6 ish :good:

Went into my local fish store today to see what he had in stock and found he had a blue VT in with about a hundred tetras chasing him. Not only that there was another betta in the tank looking dead and battered at the front of the tank. So i told him his betta was dead so he went to remove it but miraculously it was still alive with hardly any tail. So noticing this he went to put it in another tank with cold water goldfish about three times the size of the betta!!

I would have saved both of them but i just didnt have the room and money to buy another tank. I dont know whether he done this out of ignorance or greed.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread a bit but it just wound me up that's all. And just to add to the thread like i wanted, all the LFS that i have been to in south wales have very poor VT's.

Most reactions

Back