What's The Most Popular Tail Type?

@ G Thing:Going off topic a bit here, but have you tried Maidenhead Aquatics, Cardiff? We found some good ones in there recently and they said they get CT, HM and SD in often, we picked up a CT not long ago from there.

The most common tail type in America from a lfs or chain store would be the veiltails, then combtail then crowntail. double tails, deltas and halfmoons are becoming slightly more available. But only in certain shops, as males and in extremely poor condition. I can not find a female hm or even delta for the life of me unless I order online and pay big bucks.

Another problem is the "nicer" tail types if you are lucky enough to get one that lives and is healthy the life span seems to be shortened and the fish weaker. Babies my sister and I have breed from these fish have none of those problems. I am wondering if it is the conditions they are kept in as young fish or too much inbreeding or a bit of both.

A awful lot of the farms that mass produce use ultra-high protein foods, which include stuff not intended for fish. Its to grow them rapidly so they can off load them quicker. Basically forcing them to grow at an unatural rate :crazy: I believe this is what causes their lifespan to be shorter.

Again, this all comes down to money :angry:

A awful lot of the farms that mass produce use ultra-high protein foods, which include stuff not intended for fish. Its to grow them rapidly so they can off load them quicker. Basically forcing them to grow at an unatural rate :crazy: I believe this is what causes their lifespan to be shorter.

Again, this all comes down to money :angry:
that makes a huge amount of sense. I wonder if using that stuff also puts them at higher risks for tummors and cancers. as I have seen so many more cases of cancers and tummors then ever before. thats very sad.

Most reactions

Back