What's the deal with lighting?

Theres a big problem if when you squeeze the citric acid bottle, none of it goes up the tube over into the other :confused:

You will need at least one non-return valve between the co2 setup and the bubble counter (with the flow going from the co2 setup to the bubble counter). Take the valve off and check the direction that the flow goes in by blowing through it.
Alright, I'll give it a try but I am kind of losing hope. Especially if the acid not being flowing the tube indicates that big of a problem...

Are there instructions online for it i can look at? Its a slightly different setup to mine

Are there instructions online for it i can look at? Its a slightly different setup to mine
Honestly, they are the same as what you said to do. Looking online at videos of the same product (ZRDR) they all just squeeze once or twice and it immediately starts going.

Attachments

• 20200824_001225.jpg
    20200824_001225.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200824_001233.jpg
    20200824_001233.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 57
Make sure that the airline tube inside citric acid bottle is fitted tightly to the cap

Make sure that the airline tube inside citric acid bottle is fitted tightly to the cap
I made sure that all the airline tubes are tight and unable to come loose. I took off the black check valve and I could immediately hear a hissing sound and the citric acid rose higher into the tube but still not all the way to the top or to the other bottle. Tried blowing through the black valve from both sides but it feels as if it doesn't allow any air through.

I made sure that all the airline tubes are tight and unable to come loose. I took off the black check valve and I could immediately hear a hissing sound and the citric acid rose higher into the tube but still not all the way to the top or to the other bottle. Tried blowing through the black valve from both sides but it feels as if it doesn't allow any air through.
Can you squeeze the citric acid bottle? Or is it too pressurised? Black valve sounds dodgy then? Should allow you to blow one of the ways

Can you squeeze the citric acid bottle? Or is it too pressurised? Black valve sounds dodgy then? Should allow you to blow one of the ways
Yeah definitely, if I squeeze too hard the bottle sometimes stays dented. I guess not pressurised enough? I thought it could be leak somewhere but the whole thing is made out aluminum so seems unlikely.

See, the thing is, if you squeeze bottle A (citric acid), then there should be only one possibility, that the mixture is forced up the tube and across into bottle B. Some must've gone over if you've heard some gas, right?

See, the thing is, if you squeeze bottle A (citric acid), then there should be only one possibility, that the mixture is forced up the tube and across into bottle B. Some must've gone over if you've heard some gas, right?
Nope, the citric acid goes about halfway up the tube when I squeeze it as hard as I can..

Tried talking it over with the seller today, which went horrible. He first response was basically blaming for being a newbie and therefore not being able to make it work. Only to say that he himself has never tried to use or even held the product. Shortly after that he just ghosted me.

At this point I am just going to admit that my diy attempt at CO2 failed. So, tomorrow I'm picking up a 5 kg CO2 cylinder at my lfs. Ironically with corona they are dropping their prices to only 50 dollars. Which kind of makes me sad that I bought the diy kit for 20...

Nope, the citric acid goes about halfway up the tube when I squeeze it as hard as I can..

Tried talking it over with the seller today, which went horrible. He first response was basically blaming for being a newbie and therefore not being able to make it work. Only to say that he himself has never tried to use or even held the product. Shortly after that he just ghosted me.

At this point I am just going to admit that my diy attempt at CO2 failed. So, tomorrow I'm picking up a 5 kg CO2 cylinder at my lfs. Ironically with corona they are dropping their prices to only 50 dollars. Which kind of makes me sad that I bought the diy kit for 20...
Sorry to hear you were unable to overcome the difficulties. You'll be able to use a good amount of the parts you picked up for on the pressurised setup though right? Bubble counter, diffuser..

Whilst I have persevered to get mine working, I admit I will be looking at the pressurised setup in the future when I have the funds. They are without question more straightforward.

Sorry to hear you were unable to overcome the difficulties. You'll be able to use a good amount of the parts you picked up for on the pressurised setup though right? Bubble counter, diffuser..

Whilst I have persevered to get mine working, I admit I will be looking at the pressurised setup in the future when I have the funds. They are without question more straightforward.
Yeah I managed to use everything I got from the diy setup. Just need to buy a splitter to make sure I can connect it to both my tanks.

It is a lot more straightforward than the diy, open cannister valve adjust with needle valve and done. Managed to buy a complete set from someone that stopped the hobby for only 40 euros. Honestly happy it didn't work out with diy.

Attachments

• 20200825_193618.jpg
    20200825_193618.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 57

Most reactions

Back