What's the deal with lighting?

Many people use fire extinguishers or as seangee mentioned, sodastream bottles to hold pressurised co2. Once you've picked up most of the pieces, they can be adapted for use on a pressurized tank once you get the funds, if the diy coke bottle method has served its purpose. Ive got 1.5 litre coke bottles. My tank is 52 gallon
Did you ever had any problems? I just got mine, I'll add a picture below. I set everything up as instructed but I've been squeezing for the last 2 hours but the citric acid just doesn't get sucked into the baking soda bottle..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200821-185034.png
    Screenshot_20200821-185034.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 71
Did you ever had any problems? I just got mine, I'll add a picture below. I set everything up as instructed but I've been squeezing for the last 2 hours but the citric acid just doesn't get sucked into the baking soda bottle..
Is there pressure built up in the baking soda bottle? But no pressure in the citric acid bottle? Is that air stone type thing in the citric acid bottle submerged?

Only problem i has was with the leaky flow valve. I used PTFE tape on all the threads

Is there pressure built up in the baking soda bottle? But no pressure in the citric acid bottle? Is that air stone type thing in the citric acid bottle submerged?

Only problem i has was with the leaky flow valve. I used PTFE tape on all the threads
I don't actually know, the pressure gauge is on the citric acid bottle. Yeah both balls are submerged.

See if you can take a few pics of your setup. Will have a look if i can spot any issues

See if you can take a few pics of your setup. Will have a look if i can spot any issues
Not sure if you need it from different angles or hooked to the tank? Just made a pic from the front, let me know if you need any other pics.

Attachments

• 20200823_225732.jpg
    20200823_225732.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 69
Ta. I personally don't see a need for all the one way valves in that bottle? Did it come like that? I'll assume youve got them on the right way round.

My mixture is quite the opposite of yours. My citric acid mix has 400 ml of water and the bicarb 600ml.. not saying mine is right.

So.. when you squeeze the citric acid bottle, mixture is moved into to the bicarb bottle right? And a reaction takes place in the bicarb bottle and it fizzes? In turn, are you seeing the pressure regulate across both bottles, this would be seen by gas bubbling into the citric acid mix.

Both bottles should be hard with pressure, and it becomes impossible to squeeze the citric acid bottle any further. At this point, i open the bicarb bottle a little to release some gas, this draws more citric acid in and causes more reaction to occur and i close the bottle again. Eventually it becomes enough to push through to the bubble counter..

I'd take the valves off and I'm not sure if the black valve on the output is the right way around??

Ta. I personally don't see a need for all the one way valves in that bottle? Did it come like that? I'll assume youve got them on the right way round.

My mixture is quite the opposite of yours. My citric acid mix has 400 ml of water and the bicarb 600ml.. not saying mine is right.

So.. when you squeeze the citric acid bottle, mixture is moved into to the bicarb bottle right? And a reaction takes place in the bicarb bottle and it fizzes? In turn, are you seeing the pressure regulate across both bottles, this would be seen by gas bubbling into the citric acid mix.

Both bottles should be hard with pressure, and it becomes impossible to squeeze the citric acid bottle any further. At this point, i open the bicarb bottle a little to release some gas, this draws more citric acid in and causes more reaction to occur and i close the bottle again. Eventually it becomes enough to push through to the bubble counter..
Yes the set I bought came just like this. Everything is connected and mixed as stated on the manual that came along.

I don't really know what the right mixtures are and for now I'd happy just to get it to work. Haha

Ah now that is the problem. No matter hard and how often I squeeze the citric acid bottle it doesn't get sucked up the tube and move into the bicarb bottle. That's why man, been squeezing and massaging and at one point rage chokes the citric acid bottle but I still can't get it into the other bottle..

I'd take the valves off and I'm not sure if the black valve on the output is the right way around??
The black valve? Also, I'm not sure. The left valve is the pressure relief or safety valve. The right is the trimming valve.

Yes the set I bought came just like this. Everything is connected and mixed as stated on the manual that came along.

I don't really know what the right mixtures are and for now I'd happy just to get it to work. Haha

Ah now that is the problem. No matter hard and how often I squeeze the citric acid bottle it doesn't get sucked up the tube and move into the bicarb bottle. That's why man, been squeezing and massaging and at one point rage chokes the citric acid bottle but I still can't get it into the other bottle..
Try removing the red valves mate, I'm not convinced by them..

Try removing the red valves mate, I'm not convinced by them..
The check valves? Yeah I have but it made no difference so I just placed them back on there. If it didn't work without them they probably aren't the problem right?

The black valve? Also, I'm not sure. The left valve is the pressure relief or safety valve. The right is the trimming valve.
You'll need the black valve still, on the output to the tank. Just blow through it and see which direction the flow is

How do you mean?
You will need at least one non-return valve between the co2 setup and the bubble counter (with the flow going from the co2 setup to the bubble counter). Take the valve off and check the direction that the flow goes in by blowing through it.

Most reactions

Back