Whats The Best Black Gravel?

BluePhantom

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So im going gravel but I just cant seem to find a good black gravel a lot of reviews say its chips of. So whats some good quality black gravel thank!

Seachem Flourite Black or Flourite Black Sand stay black. They are not smooth gravels though and would be too sharp edged for cories or other bottom dwellers in my opinion (well, not sure about the sand, it might be less sharp.) These are substrates for planted tanks, so they have extra plant nutrients, making them more expensive than normal gravel.

~~waterdrop~~

Seachem Flourite Black or Flourite Black Sand stay black. They are not smooth gravels though and would be too sharp edged for cories or other bottom dwellers in my opinion (well, not sure about the sand, it might be less sharp.) These are substrates for planted tanks, so they have extra plant nutrients, making them more expensive than normal gravel.

~~waterdrop~~
Oh thanks I also heard something about Estes black gravel. do you know anything about that? thanks man

Haven't heard of that one. I do like black gravel and backgrounds to allow plants and fish to be the things of focus. It is still tricky though to keep backgrounds in a state that leaves them basically unnoticed. WD

http://www.brandsonsale.com/black-sand-colored-sand-1-pound.html?gclid=CJCyjYTT-qgCFSUZQgodWjywSA
http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?ga=us15&q=estes+gravel

Some hopefully helpful links

Tahitian moon sand is great but expensive

I've got the Unipac fine black gravel in one of my tanks and it's very nice; very black and the black doesn't chip off or fade like the stuff I had before. It's no good for cories, but apart from that I'd recommend it.

So I have been looking at Tahitian moon sand looks so awesome! Now know more about it and maybe some methods of how to clean it? or does it get dirty fast? can all fish be safe in it? any info on this sand would be helpful thanks! I am doing research myself as well!

Most reactions

Back