whats going on!!

Loopyness

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Something really strange is going in my little fish tank world...... everything is dying! and i dont know why, so far i have lost....:
blue gourami
4 female fighters
my best and favourite sail fin catfish
clown loach
a few danios
white clouds
im really fed up of it, its making me really sad! I put some blue stuff in, that methelyne stuff, because we we're having some fungus problems, and i know this can help it. so i cant take my water to the pet shop because he said that it would give an incorrect reading, so i did a water change as the man at the fish shop said, and im waiting for it to clear out, i just hoped that someone on here might be able to give me an idea of what could be going on, i dont want to lose anymore fish, especially after my best catfish died, this morning.
Please help someone!
:-(

Sorry to hear about all your losses :(

How long has the tank been set up?

How long have you had the fish?

What size tank do you have?

Do/did the fish look sick at all, or do you just find them dead?

Once we have more details, we can make a better guess as to what the problem might be.

Pamela
aka Married Lizard

Did the person at your local pet store say the methelyne in the water would cause incorrect water sample values?

I don't know but it seems like if you do some water changes and then take the water back for testing it might be worth a try. It might tell you something you did not know. A mass dying like this could be chemically related...or not, but atleast you'd know something.

I'm really sorry for your loss. :sad:

answers....
My tank has been set up for about a year
the catfish,clown loach and danios were the first first i ever brought, so ive had the fish a long time
I think that my tank is a 150 litres, something like that
The fish just die, they dont look sick at all.

yes the person at the pet shop did say it would cause an incorrect reading, and he said do some water changes and then bring some water once it had cleared (ive done the water changes)

i feed my fish flakes and a catfish pellet, and about once a week or sometimes one every two weeks i feed them frozen bloodworm.

Hope this helps, should be taking some water to the pet shop by the weekend, so i'll let everyone know what going on.

Most reactions

Back