Whats Going On With His Fins?

johnny70

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Had Tito here for a few days he was a rescue betta, he's in a tank on his own, 25ltr, heater, internal filter, gravel substrate, bogwood and plant and some large sooth stone. his tank is not fully cycled as we weren't expecting him, have used some GUNK from my cycled tank to help, been checking water daily and changing 15-25% when needed.

His tail has got very ragged, is it anything to worry about??

Cheers

JOHNNY

Attachments

• Betta_edited_1.jpg
    Betta_edited_1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 24
Ye if he had it when you got him then he has just been nipped in the shop but if it has just apperaed then it most be something in your tank...

he didn't come from a shop an ex friend of a friend had him and he is moving and was going to flush him and his otehr fish down the toilet.

so we rescued him.

Hi there

Looks like a definite case of finrot. It can be very hard to get rid of completely, and re-growth can be lost quite easily. I would recommend treating it with whatever medications are available to you for finrot as soon as possible. All the best

LEE

Yeah looks like finrot. As Leec suggested, treat with whatever is available to you for finrot.

Oh and don't forget to smack your friend upside their head for wanting to flush their fish :crazy:

i know not my friend or my friends friend anymore.

we gain two ballon mollies, two dalmation mollies and tito.

the mollies have gone in our other tank which is a tad overcrowed(we are still cycling the large tank so only a temp tank)

and tito has gone in our cycling 25ltr (We were cycling ready for our own betta)

so we are testing everyday and doing water changes every time it's needed.

Jo Johnny OH (at home)

well done for the rescue :good: some people just shouldn't keep pets.

Most reactions

Back