What Would You Do With An 8x2x2 Tank

Thanks for the replies people :) - I sort of let this thread die really :(

I've gone off, thought hard, and found myself back where I began... LOL....

My "marine" buddies have put up a very convincing case for keeping the marines - which i have to be honest is my first choice...... however I still feel the "change" back to fresh water could be good......

Is there is "big fish" forum? I'm going to go take a look...... something big and dramatic is what I keep thinking of.... I mentioned before about a large african gourami I say before...... maybe half a down tinfoil barbs....... something easy and big......

Off to brainstorm somemore :D

What about rays?? Have you thought about them? I don't know much about them for tank sizes etc but they are majestic to watch!!

If it was me i would have discus, angelfish, shoal of rummy nose tetras and loads of bogwood and plecs.

Your lucky if you have a tank that size. My wife says if i get her a bigger house i get a bigger tank!! I'm now working on the bigger house!!

03-06-08-63.jpg

Not quite a full tank shot, but this is what we did with ours.

That tank looks great, really nice job on the decore, but if its only a 8x2 then that silver arowana is going to need a much wider tank fairly soon.

Been throu that discussion heaps of times before, and Aro Breeders recommend nothing smaller than 8x2x2 thats about 1000L. I would like to see the size tanks (in general) that people keep their Silvers in. :)

Lars (Aro) is gonna be stunted, as he was raised (by previous owners) in a very very small tank. :(

another old topic guys, this is what the third or fourth today! Is someone having fun with the similar topics section?!

I'd have a Mbu puffer. Or do the amazonian setup someone mentioned earlier - huge shoal of discus, and various tetras, tonnes of plants.

Been throu that discussion heaps of times before, and Aro Breeders recommend nothing smaller than 8x2x2 thats about 1000L. I would like to see the size tanks (in general) that people keep their Silvers in. :)

Lars (Aro) is gonna be stunted, as he was raised (by previous owners) in a very very small tank. :(

Personally I keep my 33" long silver arowana in a 900 gallon tank (3400 litres) which is 8x6x2.5 foot tank (yes thats 6 feet wide from front to back), another member here keeps her two in a 20x5x3 foot tank (something like 8500 litres), as far as i know we are the only two on this forum with silver arowana which have reached anything like their true potential sizes.

Personally I keep my 33" long silver arowana in a 900 gallon tank (3400 litres) which is 8x6x2.5 foot tank (yes thats 6 feet wide from front to back), another member here keeps her two in a 20x5x3 foot tank (something like 8500 litres), as far as i know we are the only two on this forum with silver arowana which have reached anything like their true potential sizes.

Why have I never seen pictures of this persons 20 foot tank :eek:

Bala Sharks and Clown Loaches for me...and a large school of Congo tetras!

Most reactions

Back