What Would You Do With An 8x2x2 Tank

Been throu that discussion heaps of times before, and Aro Breeders recommend nothing smaller than 8x2x2 thats about 1000L. I would like to see the size tanks (in general) that people keep their Silvers in. :)

Lars (Aro) is gonna be stunted, as he was raised (by previous owners) in a very very small tank. :(

Personally I keep my 33" long silver arowana in a 900 gallon tank (3400 litres) which is 8x6x2.5 foot tank (yes thats 6 feet wide from front to back), another member here keeps her two in a 20x5x3 foot tank (something like 8500 litres), as far as i know we are the only two on this forum with silver arowana which have reached anything like their true potential sizes.

Why have I never seen pictures of this persons 20 foot tank :eek:

Its in the pictures forum somewhere, forum name of Claire and Karl or something like that.

Been throu that discussion heaps of times before, and Aro Breeders recommend nothing smaller than 8x2x2 thats about 1000L. I would like to see the size tanks (in general) that people keep their Silvers in. :)

Lars (Aro) is gonna be stunted, as he was raised (by previous owners) in a very very small tank. :(

Personally I keep my 33" long silver arowana in a 900 gallon tank (3400 litres) which is 8x6x2.5 foot tank (yes thats 6 feet wide from front to back), another member here keeps her two in a 20x5x3 foot tank (something like 8500 litres), as far as i know we are the only two on this forum with silver arowana which have reached anything like their true potential sizes.

Its in the pictures forum somewhere, forum name of Claire and Karl or something like that.

"Goes and picture hunts"

Name is "clareandkarl" and unfortunatley none of the picture work anymore, shame...

"Goes and picture hunts"

Name is "clareandkarl" and unfortunatley none of the picture work anymore, shame...

To be honest the tank wasn't particularly pretty, bare bottom and no decor with a blue tiled background and a few BIG fish swimming about, but it was certainly a very impressive sized tank.

"Goes and picture hunts"

You can see aload of the pics http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/clarebaxter_2006/
About page 12/13 in the fish section
Some really good pics

"Goes and picture hunts"

You can see aload of the pics [URL="http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/clarebaxter_2006/"]http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/clarebaxter_2006/[/URL]
Some really good pics

Omg they had a mbu puffer!!, I envy them... :angry:

You seem to like the sort of fish I like, NW cichlids. I would do a community of them personally, though I could never make my mind up on the stocking.

1 x Gold Saum
1 x Herichthys carpintis ‘Escondido’
1 x Vieja argentea
1 x Jaguar cichlid
1 x cuban cichlid.

That would probably be my stocking for the tank, though you could probably add more.

If it was wider I would do my dream fish, a jardini.
That's very close to what my selection would be as well. With perhaps a P.polleni thrown in for good measure!

Old topic but what the hell.

A stupid number of tetras. Neons, Cardinals, Rummynose, Serpae, Black Skirt.
Two or three kinds of Corydoras. Sterbai, Panda, etc.
Some dwarf cichlids, Cockatoos and German Blue Rams.
A couple of Gourami
Some livebearers, platys and guppies
And of course, a red tailed shark.

Pretty much what I'm working on now, but bigger.

"Goes and picture hunts"

You can see aload of the pics <a href="http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/clarebaxter_2006/" target="_blank">http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/clarebaxter_2006/</a>
Some really good pics

Omg they had a mbu puffer!!, I envy them... :angry:
I envy them too!! I would die for an MBU!! I love puffers and that is just the mother of all Puffers!! Maybe one day when i have something a little bigger than i 1bed flat!! (i can dream) :rolleyes:

I envy them too!! I would die for an MBU!! I love puffers and that is just the mother of all Puffers!! Maybe one day when i have something a little bigger than i 1bed flat!! (i can dream) :rolleyes:

Maybe we can go into co-ownership :hyper:

Id have an ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM!!!!

If I could get the substrate just right, I would have a small tree growing, and have like a mangrove scene going on. Small fish weaving between the mangrove roots, and maybe a few turtles.

One side of the tank would have a beach where the turtles could come out and bask. The sloping side from the beach would be a haven for frogs, and in the deep water...... there might live a monster!! :shout:

Even an 8x2x2 tank might be too small for this tho -_- . One can dream.

Most reactions

Back