What To Put In A 1 Gallon

What are the exact measurements of this 1gallon tank?
If you are going to end up putting fish in there the only ones I would recommend would be Danio's or small Rosy Barbs.
No way, those fish are way too active/energetic for a tiny 1gallon tank.

I suppose so, yeah could get away with one or two depending on the dimensions of the tank i would think.

If you are going to end up putting fish in there the only ones I would recommend would be Danio's or small Rosy Barbs.

I suppose so, yeah could get away with one or two depending on the dimensions of the tank i would think.

Not really adviseable since both fish are shoaling fish and do best in shoals/groups of their own, a group of 5-6 or more is the best for keeping these fish, but such a size shoal would be too much for a 1gallon tank, so...

Not really adviseable since both fish are shoaling fish and do best in shoals/groups of their own, a group of 5-6 or more is the best for keeping these fish, but such a size shoal would be too much for a 1gallon tank, so...

Touche'

A Scarlet Badis might work fine in a tank of that size. They're tiny (max out below an inch), and more of a "hover" fish like a pygmy Gourami than an active swimmer. They might produce too much waste however. Honestly I wouldn't put them in anything below a 2.5.

Even heterandria formosa I'd say is pushing it. Small they are, but still active. I wouldn't keep them in less than 5 gallons. And definitely no to gouramis IMO. Even the sparkling ones do wim more than a betta. Can't think of any other fish than a betta tbh.
I'd go for the really tiniest shrimps.

H. formosa are quite inactive actually, and prefers "tighter" spaces, which is why they're usually kept in such densely planted tanks.

Another idea - use it as a growout tank for small fish.

Nothing. Literally no fish could happily live out it's days in something vaguely bigger than a drinks glass. It's cruel, rethink for a bigger tank, or get sea monkeys.

Even heterandria formosa I'd say is pushing it. Small they are, but still active. I wouldn't keep them in less than 5 gallons. And definitely no to gouramis IMO. Even the sparkling ones do wim more than a betta. Can't think of any other fish than a betta tbh.
I'd go for the really tiniest shrimps.

H. formosa are quite inactive actually, and prefers "tighter" spaces, which is why they're usually kept in such densely planted tanks.

Another idea - use it as a growout tank for small fish.

Mine aren't.

Anyway, no reason not to have a bigger tank densely planted, that's how I keep mine. 1 gallon really strikes me as very small.

No no no danio's. They LOVE to swim and play. And they love large schools..... putting them in a one gallon would be just mean, you'd either way over stock with no swimming room, or a very very social fish would be very very lonely.

Not only that but danios like current, moving water. I can't imagine it would be fun to try to establish that in a 1 gallon.

LeeAnna

Daphnia

EDIT: havent read the whole thread and wouldnt want to name names anyway, but to suggest Danio's for a 1-gallon is madness, quite insane really....

I would suggest a nice shoal of daphnia for 1-gallon, if you really wanted to push it, you might be able to add a couple of bloodworm

Daphnia

EDIT: havent read the whole thread and wouldnt want to name names anyway, but to suggest Danio's for a 1-gallon is madness, quite insane really....

I would suggest a nice shoal of daphnia for 1-gallon, if you really wanted to push it, you might be able to add a couple of bloodworm

lol, that would be perfect..... Except blood worms do go to a next stage.... Daphnia would be great, as well as brine shrimp aka seamonkeys.

maybe a betta but in my opion for a betta i say atleast a 2 gallon

Most reactions

Back