What To Put In A 1 Gallon

Fish Sticks

Reaction score
Right now I have my two bettas in 2 seprate 1 gallon tanks. I hope to move them to a 5-10 gallon split tank eventually.

Then I'll still have my two one gallons. Onve has a light and an undergravel filter and the other doesn't.

So is there anything that could go in a tank that small? I'm open to anything, even if it is just one or two shrimp :)

Any suggestions for when the time comes?

3-4 shrimp with an light hanging above with plants would look nice in a small area, like a desk! Maybe some elodia. It can live without a heater.

I'd say guppies (speceifically Endler's Livebearers), shrimp, and African Dwarf Frogs.
Cheers,
GobyMaster

endler's in a 1 gallon? surely not. I would have thought they need a lot more space than that.
and guppies definately do.

hey,

Honstly theres not much you can do with a 1 gallon tank specially once you add plants or rocks. Usually the rule of thumb is 2- 3 SMALL fish per gallon mainly if they're of the same kind. If you get a different kind each i wouldnt go anymore than 2 really depending on their size. Don't plan on yur fish growing either in a tank that size.

cArLy

Shrimp or a betta is about it. Other fish don't have enough swimming room in a 1 gallon tank plus putting a school means that you would be terribly overstocked. General guid is 1" of adult fish per gallon of water so that means that a simgle fish is it.

Pygmy gourami
shrimp
otocinclus
female dwarf gourami (pushing it though)
honey gourami (agian pushing it, try to make it a female)

Even heterandria formosa I'd say is pushing it. Small they are, but still active. I wouldn't keep them in less than 5 gallons. And definitely no to gouramis IMO. Even the sparkling ones do wim more than a betta. Can't think of any other fish than a betta tbh.
I'd go for the really tiniest shrimps.

I wouldn't put any fish in a 1G. Plants and a couple of shrimps is about it. Even the smallest fish need swimming space.

If you are going to end up putting fish in there the only ones I would recommend would be Danio's or small Rosy Barbs.

What are the exact measurements of this 1gallon tank?
If you are going to end up putting fish in there the only ones I would recommend would be Danio's or small Rosy Barbs.
No way, those fish are way too active/energetic for a tiny 1gallon tank.

Most reactions

Back