What Tank To Buy

Two important questions

The tank is going in my bedroom, which has a computer in with a stereo system attached

1) Is it ok to play music near the fish? not exceptionally loud, just like TV loud.

2) my room sometimes gets really humid in the summer nights, will this effect my tank and if so how can i avoid it changing the temperature so I don't kill any fish?

I wouldn't worry about the music :)

As for the tank, humidity won't be a problem, the tank holds water, although what is the ambient temperature like at this time of year...could it push the temp of the tank past what you want?

Two important questions

The tank is going in my bedroom, which has a computer in with a stereo system attached

1) Is it ok to play music near the fish? not exceptionally loud, just like TV loud.

2) my room sometimes gets really humid in the summer nights, will this effect my tank and if so how can i avoid it changing the temperature so I don't kill any fish?

I wouldn't worry about the music :)

As for the tank, humidity won't be a problem, the tank holds water, although what is the ambient temperature like at this time of year...could it push the temp of the tank past what you want?

Good good...

temperature wise, it's about 23-24 degrees in here now, thats normal. If we get another hot day and especially in the summer, i'll see how hot it really gets. So if the tanks meant to be what..28? then i imagine it will reach that. If it exceeds that is that when i'd have trouble?

:lol: WD is me, waterdrop!

Nickname of a nickname :)

Good good...

temperature wise, it's about 23-24 degrees in here now, thats normal. If we get another hot day and especially in the summer, i'll see how hot it really gets. So if the tanks meant to be what..28? then i imagine it will reach that. If it exceeds that is that when i'd have trouble?

You may need a temp as low as 24C or as high as 30C depending on your stocking...water holds it's temp well so as long as the tank is well away some sunlight you should be fine I would think

:lol: WD is me, waterdrop!

Nickname of a nickname :)

Good good...

You may need a temp as low as 24C or as high as 30C depending on your stocking...water holds it's temp well so as long as the tank is well away some sunlight you should be fine I would think

I hope so :/

I'm a bit worried about the whole temperature in my room, it's like 28 degrees in here at the moment on what hasn't even been a hot day.

Heaters can't cool water so i'm a bit skeptical about what to do.

If it's a regular thing that your room gets that hot then I would suggest you plan your future stock around that fact. Plenty of fish will happily live at 28 degrees. But there are others that would be fine at that just as a 'now n then' kinda thing. But would struggle if it was regularly so high.

I'm a bit worried about the whole temperature in my room, it's like 28 degrees in here at the moment on what hasn't even been a hot day.

Heaters can't cool water so i'm a bit skeptical about what to do.

I think you can get coolers, but being in the UK I wouldn't know about them all that much

Where do you live btw?

There are some fish which like higher temps of 28-30C, such as discus and blue rams and I am sure there are a lot more...now Discus will be too big for your tank most likely but Blue Rams are dwarf cichlids and would be ideal for a tank your size...and they look cool (or should that be hot). You would need a low pH though, do you know what pH the water from your taps is?

Just thinking out loud :)

If it's a regular thing that your room gets that hot then I would suggest you plan your future stock around that fact. Plenty of fish will happily live at 28 degrees. But there are others that would be fine at that just as a 'now n then' kinda thing. But would struggle if it was regularly so high.

Yeah, I understand that...

Theres even a hot water cylinder behind the wall :/ although there is another position the tank can go, but the same problem of general room temperature still applies. Not sure what to do to be honest...

In the summer with 30+ temperature outside will easily make it this hot and humid at night. -_-

It depends on your cabinet or rather hood as to what you can do. PC fans are great as there's decent flow, fairly low noise levels if you get decent ones and low voltage. They're not going to be enough to remove the heat on their own if you get too high, but they're a fairly cheap way of extracting some. Chillers are quite expensive, so if you can avoid going down that route..

The first thing you should do it make sure you have covered all the basics, like shading your room as much as possible, making sure it's fairly aired. No direct sunlight on the tank etc etc, then monitor it for a while.

It depends on your cabinet or rather hood as to what you can do. PC fans are great as there's decent flow, fairly low noise levels if you get decent ones and low voltage. They're not going to be enough to remove the heat on their own if you get too high, but they're a fairly cheap way of extracting some. Chillers are quite expensive, so if you can avoid going down that route..

The first thing you should do it make sure you have covered all the basics, like shading your room as much as possible, making sure it's fairly aired. No direct sunlight on the tank etc etc, then monitor it for a while.

PC fans as in computer fans or desk fans? I can do all of those things in the summer... I guess it's just trialing it and hoping for the best.

That probably means its going to go by my bed though. Hopefully won't be to irratating sound wise -_-

thanks for the reply.

PC fans as in computer fans or desk fans? I can do all of those things in the summer... I guess it's just trialing it and hoping for the best.

That probably means its going to go by my bed though. Hopefully won't be to irratating sound wise -_-

thanks for the reply.

The standard filter that comes with the Roma 125 is an internal Fluval U3, 2 of the 3 settings don't agitate the water surface, so I doubt you'd really notice it if using those. If you do I am sure after a short while you'd get used to it.

thanks for the reply.

The standard filter that comes with the Roma 125 is an internal Fluval U3, 2 of the 3 settings don't agitate the water surface, so I doubt you'd really notice it if using those. If you do I am sure after a short while you'd get used to it.

Alright :)

the more i see your firemouth the more I want one :p

edit: Best place to get API testing kit?

I found "API LIQUID FW MASTER TEST KIT" and "API LIQUID SW MASTER TEST KIT" but whats the difference between FW and SW?

the website was www.theaquariumshop.co.uk

Most reactions

Back