What Size Heater For Jewel 125L?

Ethan040

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, what size heater would you reccomened for a jewel 125L Tank ive got a 50w atm in my old tank but i dont think thats enough is it?

Thanks

i always say 1 watt per litre of water, as you can't (to my knowledge) get a 125 watt heater than as mentioned a 150 watt heater would be the next best thing, but unless you have a terribly cold house a 100 watt heater would do the job.

Yep 150w will be sufficient, you can always go to a 200w, it will only heat to the temperature you set it too.

Yep 150w will be sufficient, you can always go to a 200w, it will only heat to the temperature you set it too.

+1

I am using a 200W external heater for my 125L and it's fine, it will only heat water when it needs to...being 200W it should in theory take less time to heat the same amount of water as a smaller heater

i always say 1 watt per litre of water, as you can't (to my knowledge) get a 125 watt heater than as mentioned a 150 watt heater would be the next best thing, but unless you have a terribly cold house a 100 watt heater would do the job.

Actually you can get a 125w heater - I've got one, it's made by Jager.

Most reactions

Back