What Should I Get?

Now it is time to stop bashing this new member and try to help instead. I agree that "releasing" a fish into a natural water way is a bad idea. What that does, even if it is like the water the animal came from, is allow anything that may be in your tank to infect the natural populations. Once a fish is removed from the wild, it can never go back. Sorry but that is a simple rule that should always be followed.

Rehoming fish that are too large for a particular tank is a challenge for many people but is better than any other alternatives in my mind.

Things that can thrive in that tiny tank would include Heterandria formosa, least killies like this one in my tank. They grow to a whopping 2 cm long at the most and are nice little fish. You could keep 2 or 3 pairs in a tank that size.
Maleright1024.jpg

Another suggestion would be any of the tiny shrimp that have been so popular the last few years. That is something I do not have.

Yet another fish in my tanks that would work in small numbers is Xenophallus umbratilis, golden teddies. A simple breeding pair would work at about 1 inch each. My avatar is a male and this is a female.
Female3_640.jpg

Thank you OldMan47 if i can't get a bigger tank i will keep the snail and get one of those two fish after rehoming the tetra.

Just remember that with a tank that small, the water parameters are effected drastically daily. If you increase the volume of water, the overall PPM (part per million) is not as great. Think 1 cup of bleach in a one gallon bottle vs. 1 cup bleach in a 10 gallon bottle. The bleach will not be as strong, or it will be diluted.

So with that being said, keep on eye on the numbers and do daily water changes. maybe 25% a day.
Just keep a gallon handy and let it sit overnight to get some chlorine out. Just scoop with a cup and replace as needed. you will also need to clean the tank more often as the fish will poop.
Always, always do a little research before just buying any fish. They are not all compatible with each other.
Some like brackish water and warm. some like colder water with freshwater conditions.
good luck! :good:

Most reactions

Back