What should I add next?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Have you got a spare pond that the ducks can't get to?
If you do, you can put the barbs in that, otherwise sell them to a pet shop.
The ducks might eat them. Also ravens, egrets, and other birds might get them because they are so small.

Honestly Barry, i dont think you should add any more fish or any more tanks. Everyday im on here you post about problems you have with sick dying fish and most everytime its because your tanks are grossly over stocked or mis stocked.
Id suggest you down grade to 1 tank properly stocked with the correct fish, once you get a handle on that and how to care for them then maybe get another tank with another type of fish that maybe a little more challenging. Youll save your self alot of trouble and heart ache and the fish in your care will be more healthy and less stressed. Sorry for being harsh, trying to be honest as i can for your sake and your fishy friends. Good luck!

Honestly Barry, i dont think you should add any more fish or any more tanks. Everyday im on here you post about problems you have with sick dying fish and most everytime its because your tanks are grossly over stocked or mis stocked.
Id suggest you down grade to 1 tank properly stocked with the correct fish, once you get a handle on that and how to care for them then maybe get another tank with another type of fish that maybe a little more challenging. Youll save your self alot of trouble and heart ache and the fish in your care will be more healthy and less stressed. Sorry for being harsh, trying to be honest as i can for your sake and your fishy friends. Good luck!
Yea I agree, my tank is really overstocked because of a lot of misinformation.

Yea I agree, my tank is really overstocked because of a lot of misinformation.
There are plenty of people here with knowledge willing to help and if one gathers the correct info before getting fish then one will be better prepared.
Gather info ask questions make a plan then get the tank correct water and correct fish. Getting the fish and then trying to figure out what the heck to do with them is putting the cart before the horse.

There are plenty of people here with knowledge willing to help and if one gathers the correct info before getting fish then one will be better prepared.
Gather info ask questions make a plan then get the tank correct water and correct fish. Getting the fish and then trying to figure out what the heck to do with them is putting the cart before the horse.
The thing with fish store is they use same water on every fishes, thats weird.

The thing with fish store is they use same water on every fishes, thats weird.

Fish stores expect to sell the fish they stock rapidly; the longer they must keep the fish the more money they lose through care (feeding primarily). Most fish can manage in less than ideal conditions for a short time. When you acquire the fish, it is your responsibility as the purchaser to know what it requires to be in good health and "happy," and you need to be able to provide that from day 1. The fish will usually overcome the temporary difficulties it was forced to endure in the store, if it is placed in a suitable environment (water parameters, tank size, numbers, other compatible fish, proper aquascape, etc). Store conditions are almost always "wrong," but hopefully temporary.

When you acquire the fish, you become totally responsible for the rest of the fish's life. The fish cannot ask for help. The aquarist must know what the species needs and be able to provide that.

Just a sharing about some LFS at my place.

And the worst thing I realized is, "the longer the fish are kept in the store", the shorter their lifespan become especially if they are kept in very crowded conditions and with very little water change.

I have a nearby LFS which change probably 10-20% of the tank water and only once per week.
I observed that whenever any new stock of Blue Rams come in, they will not live long and they would show symptoms of clamp fins.
I realized that their tank water quality is so bad....
Any fish that goes into the store will have reduce life span.

Most reactions

Back