What Of My Current Stock Would Be Compatiable With A Gt?

October FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Yeh the majority seem to put them with Mbuna.

Yellow Labs and a GT is really common,obviosuly not ideal...does look great tho.

I think i'm to attatched to my fish to get rid of any right now so the GT will be one for the future I think....unless I can persuade the mrs to let me have a second tank :p (no chance)

To all posters:

Can I just ask - are all your GT's gold saums or proper GT's?

My understanding is the Gold Saum is not on the same aggression level as the GT, so I was just wondering which one your experiences are based on? :)

Another point of view, a friend of ours had a pair of GTs in a 5' and amongst the tank mates were a breeding pair of kribs. I can't remember the other tank mates unfortunately, but pretty sure there were some corys in there too... :S

Well mine was purchased from wildwoods as a GT aequidens rivulatus (sp?), but more likely a gold saum than a true GT.

Gold Saums are the guys with the vivid markings and the gold edging on fins and tails like yours Minxy.

Silver Saums are a dull fish that look much like my Green Acara in my other thread but not as pretty.

aequidens rivulatus look very different again,somewhere between a Blue Acara and a Red Terror look wise with no gold fin edging.

Silver Saum is the original Green Terror according to a few sites.

So Gold Saums are the best looking hands down!

I have put this idea on hold anyway,Something for the future deffo not for the next few years....I enjoy my stocking to much.

Most reactions

Back