What kinds of fish to get?

I don’t think they should be hard to keep in a well established cycled tank
As long as you can supplement them with snails?
I was reading that they dont need snails because they are different than other puffers.But they do need a variety of frozen and live food,and arent as compatible with other fish.If I'm doing a 10 gallon I'd like to have more than just some puffers in it.I did find some other fish he seemed interested in.Sailfin Mollies,guppy,barbs,tetras(including rummy nosed and blind cave),danios,rasbora,glass catfish,otocinclus catfish,shrimp

I was reading that they dont need snails because they are different than other puffers.But they do need a variety of frozen and live food,and arent as compatible with other fish.If I'm doing a 10 gallon I'd like to have more than just some puffers in it.I did find some other fish he seemed interested in.Sailfin Mollies,guppy,barbs,tetras(including rummy nosed and blind cave),danios,rasbora,glass catfish,otocinclus catfish,shrimp
I guess that's a good place to start after I get that water testing done.I can go through that list
you should first focus one one species of fish then you add more, i ts a lot easier to do
maybe you could add some guppies later on
make sure to get small fin guppies or endlers
my friend used to have guppies with them

a lot of fish in there are too big for a 10g
like molly, glass cat, a big school of small fish etc
barbs miht bully each other puffer
puffer will most likely eat shrimp

Well I'm not sure if they can be kept with ither fish and I've heard they are hard to sex as juveniles which is how they are sold.
you should first focus one one species of fish then you add more, i ts a lot easier to do
maybe you could add some guppies later on
make sure to get small fin guppies or endlers
my friend used to have guppies with them

a lot of fish in there are too big for a 10g
like molly, glass cat, a big school of small fish etc
barbs miht bully each other puffer
puffer will most likely eat shrimp
I'm just trying to decide what species to start with first

Ok so a lot of the fish my fiance likes need bigger tanks.I suggested ti him we start small and when we move and have space for a bigger tank in a few years we can try those other fish.He wants a beta fish,we are gonna put it in a 10 gallon.I know beta cant be kept with other beta,but are they compatible with any other fish or aquatic creatures?

Sometimes shrimps work in a bettas tank and other times not... Most of the time aquarists just wing it with shrimps and bettas... They still take precautions like providing a ton of nookes and crannies for the shrimps but sometimes the shrimps get eaten and other times the betta doesn't want to harm a shrimp.... Snails are kinda the same thing, but some snai!s do work better, like I have heard the nerite snails do well with bettas

Maybe some shrimp or snails?
Sometimes shrimps work in a bettas tank and other times not... Most of the time aquarists just wing it with shrimps and bettas... They still take precautions like providing a ton of nookes and crannies for the shrimps but sometimes the shrimps get eaten and other times the betta doesn't want to harm a shrimp.... Snails are kinda the same thing, but some snai!s do work better, like I have heard the nerite snails do well with bettas
yes nerite snails
they dont have super long eyes which bettas will nip
How about some zebra danios maybe?or some sort of tetra.I had good luck with tetras before
maybe boraras
neon tetras
otos?
they might be too tiny and puffer might attack them
mosquitofish?
endlers?

I talked to my fiance and he found out about all the colorful shrimp you can get so we may decide to go for a more shrimp safe fish.So,one type of fish and then maybe 5 to 10 shrimp?What kind of fish wont kill and eat shrimp?

Its pretty hard imo to find a "shrimp safe" fish... Most fish either eat insects or eat crustaceans. So all of your "shrimp safe" fish would be things like small schooling fish... The max size of the schooling fish should be 2 inches if you don't want them hunting shrimp like wolves

Most reactions

Back