What kind of camera do you have?

I have Canon A70 as well (3mpixel) and so far, it has served me well. But I am looking for something that produces better pictures at worse lighting conditions. I cannot seem to get pictures as good as some of the others who get them consistently good... I often triple the amount of light when I take pictures of fishes but still, I'm not satisfied... ;)

Would something like Canon G6 be an improvement in this respect?

These are some great response. :D Anybody have any Olympus?

This will help a lot of people, not just me, I'm sure. :)

yhbae - did you look at the one Sir & Lady Minion use?

ddreams said:
yhbae - did you look at the one Sir & Lady Minion use?
Nah not yet. Mind you, A70 does take great outdoor pictures, and even indoor when flash is working. I have issues with it when I cannot use the flash. (Probably most camera has same issue).

I have a friend who has Canon G3, and boy, does it take nice pictures! It costs almost twice as much as my A70, but since I may need another camera anyways, I am considering it...

I'll look into what [Sir|Lady]Minion have as well... ;)

Mine is a Fuji POS :D

No, actually it's a fujifilm FinePix1300 but they should have just written CRAP in big red letters on the front of the camera, but they probably wouldn't have sold very many that way -_-

I guess I should add what mine is, considering they now sell for like $20.00 on ebay for people with little to no money. :/ I just paid a lot more than that (had it about 3 years).

Kodak DC 3200. Does great on distance shots, just horrid on close up. :/

I have the Sony DSC-V1. It's a great 5.0 MegaPixle camera, which i still don't use to its full potential.

It has night shot, which basically uses infrared and it can take pictures in complete darkness, without using a flash. Of course they come out "arm style", they basically look like you're looking through a night vision lens. Either way, it's a really cool feature.

It also has video, which will record for as long as you need it to, well until your memory card runs out. The video has sound as well. It has a lot of other features, which i should really use one day because i could take some amazing pictures with it.

Here are a few shots while it was just in 3.1MegaPixle mode, and in the normal picture taking setting. The first shot wasn't even in macro mode...

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

The pictures me and Sir took in our gallery are all indoor macro shots. The DX6490 is fantastic at outdoor ones too. I did a thread a while back of some shots at colchester zoo - you can find it here.

The 10x optical zoom is a fantastic feature - other cameras in this price range tend to have only 2x/3x. I find it extremely useful when out and about, although you will need to invest in a tripod as any shakiness will cause blur at that magnification.

For those that are too lazy to visit the link, here's my favourite photo:

lion.jpg

This has fallen too far back. :)

Time to bump it up. Maybe the mods would make it a sticky so that people looking to purchase or upgrade there camera can see what others are using? :)

It's dropping again. I ended up with an Olympus D-540 for the time being, but after seeing this I want a Kodax DX like Sir & Lady Minion. :)

Just too much money right now. :/

I've checked around for the reviews of digital cameras and out of 4mp cameras, both DX6490 and (as usual) Canon's A8x series are highly recomended. Personally, I like A series because they take regular AA batteries - I am not afraid of running out of battery when I am on travel.

On the other hand, it looks to me that one of the best macro shot camera (within reasonable price range) is Canon's G series. It is still a little on the expensive side, but I guess I can carry the A70 when we are travelling, and use the G if I need to take more serious photos...

I will look further into G5 and G6... ;)

I have a Konica-Minolta DiMage A2 and love it! It's a little complicated though, and I am still learning how to use it!

Attachments

• Gathering_0704_048_edited.jpg
    Gathering_0704_048_edited.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 52
I use a Nikon Coolpix 3100

Great little camera, any camera can produce great results I guess - just depends who is behind it :D ;)

"Great little camera, any camera can produce great results I guess"

We will agree to disagree here. ;)

My Kodak DC 3200 does great on shots where nothing is moving, but put something moving and........

The shutter speed and other things factor in to produce good results. Also many cameras do not take night pictures well. And others don't always operate the shutter and other things at the speed they say. :/

What I was hoping and have recieved from this thread, and I hope others do also, is what cameras can take good "Fish" pictures. :)

Most reactions

Back