What is wrong?

Henry Weldon

Reaction score
This poor fish has looked like a macy's day balloon for 3+ weeks. I would have normally bet she would have dropped 2+ weeks ago. She has more recently shifted her weight to the back. The troubling thing is that the gravid spot continues to look almost translucent. She appears healthy. Eats fine. Moves about all day,

She is basically alone in a 10 gallon tank with a couple of 1/2 inch baby Panda Cory's.

This poor fish looks like she is in need of a C-Section. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20220310_053623.jpg
    20220310_053623.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 43
Sorry to say but she's not pregnant. It's an internal issue that can't be healed. She'll become bigger until her organs are too much pressed by it. Unfortunately, it will become fatal. And yes, in the meantime, she'll act normal.

Thank you. At first, her change in shape appeared very much like progressing pregnancy, but by this point, it was pretty clear something else is going on. I hope it is not contagious at least. She was in a tank with 5 others.

Thank you. At first, her change in shape appeared very much like progressing pregnancy, but by this point, it was pretty clear something else is going on. I hope it is not contagious at least. She was in a tank with 5 others.
Fortunately, it's not contagious.

Thanks, I recently had a bout where a few of them (mostly the 2 males) where shimmying and seemed to be wasting away. Added a little salt and treated the tank with API General Cure. Seemed to bring them right back. This did not seem related. In fact it was the opposite. In any case, I heard you should do a follow up treatment. Thoughts on that?

Thanks, I recently had a bout where a few of them (mostly the 2 males) where shimmying and seemed to be wasting away. Added a little salt and treated the tank with API General Cure. Seemed to bring them right back. This did not seem related. In fact it was the opposite. In any case, I heard you should do a follow up treatment. Thoughts on that?
Well, you can repeat it but don't do it too often.

Most reactions

Back