What is the most owner responsive cichlid?

Which Cichlid is the Most Owner Responsive?

• Oscar (Astronotus ocellatus)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Severum (Heros severus)

• Discus (Symphysodon aequifasciata)

• Uaru (Uaru amphiacanthoides)

• Firemouth Cichlid (Thorichthys meeki)

• Blood Parrot Cichlid (C. citrinellum x C. synspilum)(?)

• Texas Cichlid (Herichthys cyanoguttatum)

• Green Terror (Aequidens rivulatus)

• Jack Dempsey (Cichlasoma octofasciatum)

• Angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare)

• Three-Spot Cichlid (Amphilophus trimaculatus)

• Red Devil Cichlid (Amphilophus labiatus)

• Midas Cichlid (Amphilophus citrinellus)

• Convict Cichlid (Archocentrus nigrofasciatus)

• Other(Otherus Varium)

• Total voters

AGFO

Reaction score
:wub: Let us decide democratically what is the best cichlid when it comes to owner responsiveness. Please feel free to make comments, tell us why you voted a certain way, and what you think should have been on the list. :thumbs:

okay while I agree that cichlids are very personable that changes from fish to fish
you might have 2 citrinellus one might be mean as all get out and want nothing to do with the owner or other fish while the other might be really passive. it is all on a fish to fish basis.

Since the onl one on that list I have is a Severum, it has to be him. He has loads of personality though, cool fish. I also have a pair of Sajicas who I love. They're similar to Convicts, and they are very responsive; the male will chase my finger if I run it back and forth along the glass (although probably only because he thinks it is trying to get to his babies!!!). I also have a Satanoperca Jurupari, who is quite shy at the moment cos he's just been moved.
I reckon pretty much all the Cichlids I've come across are very responsive to people I think that is what got me into them!!!!

Even though I don't have any at the moment,There is no other fish more responsive than an oscar.
It's also true that just about any cichlid is,but oscars are special and no other fish is more intelligent than them either. :kana:

Most reactions

Back