What Is It That You Love About Bettas?

I love the fact that you never know what you will find when you go shopping for a betta, so many different variations

plus they taste well nice in two pieces of bread

dorsey we want more pics of ur betta lol

u gonna set up a sorority tank?

Didn't think of a sorority tank :look: I am not thinking of breeding fish so will probably stick with males.......maybe :hey:

will post more photos in a new post (not fair to OP ) once he has time to settle in :good:

Seems to be getting on really well with the Llac Spot and pigmy Corys. He's worked out that he can't eat or s**g them and they don't respond to chase me so apart from looking at them.......intensely, all is peaceful (for now)

I too think it is their personalities. Their vivid colors and lovely finnage has a lot to do with it too, but mainly their personalities. This is the reason that I have 5-6 of the little guys that I need to rehome, but can't bring myself to do it. I just love to watch them, and depending on which one it is, I know how they'll react to certain things I do. So cute.

it is the personality followed by the beauty.

nothing says personality more then rolling their eyes at you, then flairing at you when you call them names for building lousy bubblenests :blink:

He also responds to his name too which is a little odd but works for me.
I swear is a little fish dog some times.

That's why I love them - they're like little mini aqua dogs, haha. They just have personality! My Jerry, when he was younger, used to be sooo proud, he'd wiggle his bum when he flared and parade around the tank like a model. Unfortunately he's four now and I think he's in his last days..
Delilah is a cutie, she's so enthusiastic!

If I had to pick another animal that was as interesting as my bettas it'd be my ghost shrimp - I've had them less than 24 hrs and I love them, so fun to watch. Can't say much for individual personalities though... :p

Well, pretty much the same reasons as everyone else... Besides loving animals in general, I love their quirky personalities. Almost like an aquatic, scaley puppy. :lol: And, of course, all the different colors and tail types. I looove multis. :wub: There are definitely some beautiful solids out there, but I love all sorts of colors in one fish. I like the ones that are "just pretty mutts." :p

I only have one betta right now, Miikka, but some day when I have more stable living arrangements I may get a few more and hopefully try to breed a pair or two. :D

Miikka is staring at me right now wondering why I'm not entertaining him. :lol:

Edit: Ha, I didn't read the previous post before posting this. Seems a good lot of us have noticed the dog connection. :p

Well, pretty much the same reasons as everyone else... Besides loving animals in general, I love their quirky personalities. Almost like an aquatic, scaley puppy. :lol: And, of course, all the different colors and tail types. I looove multis. :wub: There are definitely some beautiful solids out there, but I love all sorts of colors in one fish. I like the ones that are "just pretty mutts." :p

I only have one betta right now, Miikka, but some day when I have more stable living arrangements I may get a few more and hopefully try to breed a pair or two. :D

Miikka is staring at me right now wondering why I'm not entertaining him. :lol:

Edit: Ha, I didn't read the previous post before posting this. Seems a good lot of us have noticed the dog connection. :p
i got little livingston shortly after loosing my dog of 11 years. this betta has not only kept me company but helped me mourn my dog. he is a special little guy and i am greteful for every day i have him.

mine stares too. we entertain each other during the day, unless i am studying then i have to move to work.

I'm with everybody else on the individuality thing. And also most of them have affectionate natures. I think they're really intelligent fish. Personally I find it pretty rewarding to take an abused petshop rescue and convince him that I'm not the source of poking and pinching to look active when you feel like crap (Moonshine's lot at a pet store) but the source of food and stroking.

The colour does it as well and the fact that they all look different. Don't get me wrong, I like fish like neons and stuff, but they all look the same. The whole collecting them thing isn't there. You can walk into any pet shop in the world and buy neons - but no two bettas are the same.

The other thing I like is that I can put them in very small tanks comfortably. I'm an Australian teenager, and I have to do what my parents say. If they say 'you will not take up half your room with a fish tank' I can't do it. But I can hide numerous small tanks in the cupboard...

lmfao @ small tanks in cupboards

i think uve been bitten by the betta bug lol, altho im pretty much the same, 3rd tank on its way, and gotta think either replace my 4gallon, or find somewhere for the new one to go lol

hmm sounds like my husband, "you can only have one tank in the living areas" but as my husband has claimed the summer house for his office I have claimed the Intire newly concreated basemant as MINE to have as many tanks down there as I need.

hehe atm the bettas are all in the spare bedroom. I put it to my husband this way, I need space to raise bettas, no space means no babys, no babys means I cant sell any.

we had just got really lucky with our house, we rent from my father in law and while there is a ton of work that needs to be done, the place is huge and we can fix it however we like and the rents dirt rock bottem cheap.

its all good then, once ive sorted my self out financially im moving out, and im gonna cover my flat in tanks mwuahaha lol

my advice for when you move out, have a lot of money saved up first, have a steady job, and learn to cook cheap homemade meals. You will save your self bundles that way.

and saves you from eating one package of ramen noodles a day for over a month... :crazy:

i can cook already :D i used to work in a kitchen and was training to become a chef, so i think i still remember a few bits lol :blush:

as for job, i just lost my job, got a new one but took a 3,500 pay cut

i want to do this new job for a few mnths first, clear a few bits, and then i shall be sorted, also my m8 quinny wants to flat share so it will be cheaper:D

Most reactions

Back