what is ich?

see THIS POST it has lots of great information about ich.

it is a parasite and yes it WILL kill your fish if not treated. it will look like little salt crystals hanging from the fish. for clown loaches RidIch+ by kordon is probably the best as it is safe for scaleless fish and will not harm bio filters.

ich is little white spots on the fish's skin and it is a disease. If fish not treated they will die. One medication is to slowly turn up the temp. to 80 degrees to help. you should not put any other fish in there are else they will get contaminated. sorry about the ich. :no: :grr: :S :sad:

Clown loaches are not really a fish you should add unless your water and tank parameters are well establised.

Tell us your tank details and water parameters!

Graeme.

It can take a while to get your fish over ich... Tanked had a bad case there for a while if I remember correctly. I also just finished a treatment for it on my Balloon bellies...I lost one to it :(

was not paying attention once again..finally saw tanks post...yep he was the one with the ich probs...

my tank is a 10 gallon with a temperature of around 75 to 80 degrees. i don't want him to die :-( i'm just a begginer :sad: to give me tips i u want, i will accept ur comments :rolleyes: pepsi! :pepsi:

i forget to tell u that one of my neons also have ich, so there are 2 clown loach and 1 neon who have ich but i heard that usually one out of three usually die cause of ich, is it true :-(

ich is a parasite that lives in cooler temps. usually under 80 degrees. more common in the winter. when the fish are showing the signs of ich, the salt like spots, the parasite is attached to the host. the parasite can be present in the aquarium when there are no visible signs on the fish of ich.

ich is a parasite that burrows under the scales of the fish and feeds off the fish til the fish is killed. the parasite will then unattach itself from the host and find another host to survive on. scaleless fish are usually not prone to getting ich. ich can be present in salt water tanks also.

meds are reccommended for treating ich. maracyn II is a good med to use. also salt can be used for the scaled fish to help with treatment.

hth

semper fi

without any meds to control the parasite or warmer temps, no. once the parasite is outof the tank, the damage done to the fish will heal. just cause the fish do not show signs of ich, does not mean the parasite is gone. when treating for ich you do need to treat for atleast 7-10 IMO to ensure that the parasite is gone. otherwise it will survive in the tank without a host til it is hungry and multiply.

semper fi

imo stands for in my opinion mate. You need to get a book that covers the basics of fish keeping as this will help to prepare you better. Good luck with the ich.

i'm going to petsmart in 15mins so please tell me what is the best medication for it? what can i do, i already used one kind but can i mix the one i'm gonna buy with the one i have now? please reply as soon as possible!

Most reactions

Back