What Is A Small Shoaling Fish?

Loops

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am after a peaceful, small shoaling fish less than 1 inch preferably for my 35L tank.

Any ideas?

Cheers x

Endlers? Along with the other 2 you've mentioned, they are fish of choice for my tank once it's cycled :)

Boraras Brigittae - brigitte / chilli -- these grow to about 2cm max - i got them
Microrasbora Kubota - green raspbora - no more than 2cm
Hyphessobrycon amandae - ember tetra - 2cm max
Celestichthys margaritatus -Celestial Pearl Danio/Galaxy Rasboras - just over 2cm max

and then some pygmy corys for the bottom most 1inch max
they would shoal on the bottom group of 6+

pygmaeus , hasbrosus or hastatus

Boraras Brigittae - brigitte / chilli

I love these!!! Just i have never seen them in any of my LFS!! I really want these now.

I am having pygmy's :)

Getting really excited, my tank is almost complete it has taken nearly two months to cycle! my own fault though, keep messing!

x

These are nice, just found them :)

exclamation point rasbora

I'll suggest the dwarf corys pippoodle mentioned.

pygmaeusandaspadoras.jpg

green neon tetras are stunning!

or are they dwarf green neons? =/

the ones at my LFS are STUNNING! they are a fantastic neon green!

There were some tiny sissor tail fish at my local MA the last week can't remember what they were called very similar look to endlers without the colour.

Aplocheilichthys normani - Saw these yesterday labelled as Lampeyes, Maidenhead Aquatics.

They are lovely, above the eye is so blue! Only grow to 3cm too!

Anyone seen or got these?

x

Threadfin rainbowfish - Iriatherina werneri
Spotted blue eye - Pseudomugil gertrudae
You could also consider the forktail blue eye (Psuedomugil furcatus, around 1.5in) but not the Pacific blue eye P. signifer as it gets to 2.5 in and is aggressive to conspecifics (although schooling) and needs space and brackish water.

Poecilocharax weitzmani (variants of spelling, because nobody can agree on it: Poecilochirax/poecilocharax, weitzmanni/weitzmani/weitzmanii) I don't know the common name, don't think it has one... special little tetra-ish thing.

Sparkling gourami - a good feature fish in a tank this small as it's safer to keep it alone

Heterandria formosa - dwarf livebearers.

Most reactions

Back