Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

samxx

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ok i going to start breeding so wordering what fish peoplewill buy

Whatever you want to, but I'd go for the BNs. They're cute, interesting and I like them. :)

Depending on the water conditions, I'd probably go with Rams, but they're a bugger to keep in hard / alkaline water.

The fish I'd choose would depend on the tank size, and water conditions I had. If both of those were perfect for each of these fish...Rams probably. Bristlenoses, if I wanted an easy breeder.

I guess it's a matter of what will work best for you :)
Know & understand your water parameters.

I can't do Rams in my water as it's way too hard.
Personally I'd go for Guppies (oh so colourful) or Bristlenoses.

thanks for the replys guys :hyper: :D :D :D

are rams hard to look after

i was planing on breeding them all
but now my common plec can not go in colwater :rolleyes: i have to not breed one oof them :p

rams arent that hard to keep. just make sure your water isnt excesively hard but you can always use a mixture of RO water and tap to make the water softer. best thing is just keep the water stats steady and from fluctuating too much.

i chose rams. guppies reproduce too much too easily, and bn plecs are pooper machines so would be constantly cleaning the water unless you only had a few in a large tank. the rams IMO are much more prettier than the others and when the fry are old enough can be sold for a good price.

oh ok thanks
how much would i get for rams when they are older

for german blue rams ive paid 6-7 bucks per fish and 8 for bolivian rams. but thats here in the us. for german blue rams that are several months old and are around 1 inch in size i would say you could sell them for about 4-5 dollars each. not sure how much that would be in UK money.

Most reactions

Back