What Do You Think About The Compatability Of These Fish?

If you really want a large pretty fish. Go with "one" such as the Severum. That is what I have as a centerpiece fish. Then you could add a school of some sort, a plec, and some loaches. Maybe a smaller shark of some sort or one medium sized fish that will not eat your school and get along with the severum.

I like that idea, and that is basically what I am doing, |I will have a school of 6 boesemans. but the medium sized fish to go with the centre piece. idk. maybe a gold severum as the centrepiece and a festivum or firemouth cichlid. god im really stumped, dont know what combo to go for. I have got plenty of time, but want to get this decided soon;/

Here is my Severum. I can't speak for others but mine is very docile and doesn't bother anybody. I have him with an Opaline Gourami and 3 Red Tail Tinfoil Barbs. Red tails get up to 8"....not 14" like the regular ones. I am now looking for a shoal of fish to add and a plec and then I will be maxed out in the tank.

sev1.jpg

Severum tankmates
http://www.wetpetz.com/severum.html

Cam, I'm not mad at you, sorry if it came across that way. I'm just concerned for the welfare of the fish AND for you - I don't want you ending up losing fish or having tank problems because of the stocking.

no probs indi

from what I have read gold severums will destroy my live plants, so im nopt going to get one of those.

What has a more docile nature. a firemouth or a festivum. is there n e other docile type cichlid that I am forgetting? I think I will get a single specimen of either a firemouth or a festivum and an even number of angels, either 2 or 4, probably 2 though.

I like the look of a black veil angel and a marble veil angel

My mate (very into cichlids) has suggested a blue acara?

I agree, provided there is nothing too small in the tank then a blue acara would be a great addition,

I kept a female for a few years, her tankmates then included a pair of angels, clown loach, and a BN amongst others.

no probs indi

from what I have read gold severums will destroy my live plants, so im nopt going to get one of those.

What has a more docile nature. a firemouth or a festivum. is there n e other docile type cichlid that I am forgetting? I think I will get a single specimen of either a firemouth or a festivum and an even number of angels, either 2 or 4, probably 2 though.

I like the look of a black veil angel and a marble veil angel

I find severums to be hit and miss, I have a gold sev in a heavily planted tank and he doesn't touch them! Maybe a chocolate cichlid? Gets to about 12" and is peaceful. I'm getting both a chocolate and sev in my new tank which is about the same size as yours.

Two angels would be good, maybe look into a Koi angel, I like them along with the black and marbles.

My mate (very into cichlids) has suggested a blue acara?

just googled blue acara and they look amazing, decent size, nice temperment, uv just solved my tank problem indi! thanks :D

Most reactions

Back