What Do You Say To Your Parents/partners When You Want Another Tank?

instead of asking for one, buy your partner/parent one and say, dont worry, its your tank, but i'll do all the work, stocking, decoration,etc
that way, you have another tank, but they think its for them
lol, a bit sneaky i know, but hey,

Good question! I have a nice 3ft tank in the garage that I have some plans for, except that the other half is making some "I'm sure you love those fish more than me" noises! (hmmm, he has a point there!). Any ideas there?
Parents on the other hand were a different matter, I managed to sneak in 2 cats, 2 budgies, and numerous rabbits, gerbils, and other small rodents when they weren't paying too much attention, so it depends what your situation is!
How the hell did you do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good question! I have a nice 3ft tank in the garage that I have some plans for, except that the other half is making some "I'm sure you love those fish more than me" noises! (hmmm, he has a point there!). Any ideas there?
Parents on the other hand were a different matter, I managed to sneak in 2 cats, 2 budgies, and numerous rabbits, gerbils, and other small rodents when they weren't paying too much attention, so it depends what your situation is!
How the hell did you do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fait accompli, move the animal in, make a few vague comments about "looking after it for someone", encourage them to spend time with the creature, and watch them slowly become attacthed! I think they finally got used to the fact they were going 2 live in a zoo.
Only thing theyobjected to was 13 stick insects climbing up the xmas tree (they hadn't been introduced at the time!!!) :rolleyes:

ask for them for your birthday and say thats the only thing you want, go on about it for ages, normally works,... also keep them coming in slowly not all at once, and say oh ill keep the kitchen tidy if i can stick another tank in there

Try, "I think I'll give up this fish lark, my mates down the pub miss me!" :drinks:

When I was a younger sprout living at home I'd just bring stuff home and stiff if they didn't like it :lol: I was responsible enough to look after everything I brought home though and paid for everything out of my own pocket as well as cleaned after them so I guess they couldn't really say alot about it when they realised I had a few new additions.

Now that I live with the missus, well, she is just as bad as me, if not worse when it comes to wanting to bring home every animal she sees :lol:

cry like a ***** :p

aaany way best wayi find is a month or so b4 birthday/ christmas start dropping hints about a tank. dont ask for nothing else and then they have to get u 1 coz otherwise they got nothing to get u :good:

but i remember one suggestion on a similar thread i liked..( for those of you not living with parent by the way)

say "gimme a tank or no more 'hows yer father'"

JUST BUY IT, AND SAY IT COST LIKE ¼ OF WHAT U PAID FOR IT!

or just buy it and dont say anything at all. thats what i did. they cant say no if u dont ask

JUST BUY IT, AND SAY IT COST LIKE ¼ OF WHAT U PAID FOR IT!

or just buy it and dont say anything at all. thats what i did. they cant say no if u dont ask

Exactly.. they can just return it back to the shop or sell it/give it away instead! :p

I'm quite lucky.. I have a large bedroom which is mine to do what I like with, and I'm planning my fish room now for the spare room, which my Mum is OK with. One condition is that I pay my way, and extra for all the additional electricity charges my tanks use.. as I will be 16 in less than two weeks and leaving education. ;)

I'm quite lucky.. I have a large bedroom which is mine to do what I like with, and I'm planning my fish room now for the spare room, which my Mum is OK with. One condition is that I pay my way, and extra for all the additional electricity charges my tanks use.. as I will be 16 in less than two weeks and leaving education. ;)
[/quote]
Lucky sod! :lol: :p

I guess,

But as long as their is room in your house, and you are willing to at least offer to cover the extra electricity which all your tanks will use. Things like that show your parents you are responsible enough to think about bills.. and you never know, just the offer might be enough and they might not even ask for payment.. ;)

Most reactions

Back