What Do You Mix Your Salt In?

Funkoid

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've got one of those trugs i'm using (think harry has one too?) but i'm strugling to find another one with litre markings on the side :(

I'm coming up to doing my large 50 litre change and amd not sure what to mix up in as the trug I have only takes 35 litres! :hyper:

How do you mix yours :p

Plastic storage box or an old plastic bin, depends how much I wanna mix.

I used to use a cheapo tank from free cycle now use a saltbucket use a new 80L bin on the 450L tank now but freshwater

I just use all my old salt buckets which hold around 5 gallons each.
You can also buy 5 gallon buckets at lowes or any hardware store.

Nick D.

I am lucky in the fact that my LFS sells 25 litre containers with big holes in the top, I mix in them which is nice and easy. a little RO then the salt and a good shake which mixes the salt nicely. The containers have big enough tops to drop a heater and a nano powerhead in. They are originally food grade ones from Japan as they have Japanese writing all over the side, but other than my LFS don't know where you would find them.

I use a wheelie bin, can be a pain if I need water mixed and the binmen are late! :lol:

No, really.. that was a joke, it is a new one! lol

I use a 62L tub complete with a heater and a 1800lph pump and 2 meters of hose. It mixes in under an hour and once done I just syphon the tank water into a container and just drop the hose in the tank from the pump, go and have a fag and wait for the gurgling noise when the pump starts to run dry! Lol

Takes me 10 min to do the actual wc + cleaning.

Most reactions

Back