What do you feed your oddballs?

Well, what do you feed your oddballs. I f you do decided to respond, do tell what you have and why

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1. Frozen bloodworms

• Total voters

Earthgirl

Sting Ray Crazy
Reaction score
I wanted to see what you all have to say, cause my hubby and I got into a disagreement that my babies (stingrays) were being feed better than he was.
They get shrimp, and cutup earthworms (though he did not want the earthworms :rolleyes: ) and I told him what they will be eating when they are older. He got ticked off cause they are spoiled, PFT! :grr: :look:

So pipe up, lets here how you all feed your fish!

I mainly feed my fish on fresh and frozen sea foods from the fish mongers as it is cheaper to buy them food that is meant for human consumption than it is to feed them food from the lfs!

All my fish get a mixture of cockles, mussels, shrimp, whitebait (fish), sea food sticks and occasionally squid. They also get earthworms when i can get Joe to go and dig them out of the compost heap for me and live shrimp when i feel like watching them chase something as well as a weekly feeding with cichlid/catfish pellets and veggies for the herbivors.

It all depends whom your feeding, but for my spiny eel i feed live worms, frozen blood worm and BS, live black worms when they are available, and muscles thinly sliced, which he hasnt quite cottoned onto just as yet! :sly: lol.

:) Miagi

froozen: white bait, river shrimp, cockles, mussles, bloodworm, krill, discus mix.

and like CFC when i go out to the shop that stocks live river shrimp i pick up a few bags for them.

Mine get a mixture of frozen bloodworm, daphnia, mysis, and mussels as well as an occasional feeding of live bloodworm and daphnia. In addition they are fed catfish pellets and flake food (the butterfly fish love it)

Bloodworms. Red worms once or twice a week. Ghost shrimp and/or feeders once a month. I put krill and plankton in there sometimes no one likes it though. I tried feeding seafood medley in the tank but they only liked the octopus legs. I toss them shrimp pellets not too sure they get eaten though.

Earthgirl said:
So in other words, CFC, your fish eat better that I?
Awww, you can have some worms too if you like EG

:p

Bloodworms, cockle (although they ignore it, so I don't feed them that anymore), small prawns, the occasional live food. I'm looking at getting snails and I was thinkingabout earthworms, bit wary about the earth worms though, because I'm scared they might contain something from the garden. Also thinking about crab sticks etc.

Bloodworm, Brine shrimp (live and frozen)
and the odd batch of earthworms :)

DD

The only picky oddball I have is my peacock eel, most of my other ones will eat freeze dried food (My gudgeons and gobies will eat pellets, flakes, and sticks)
I have only managed to feed my eel live earthworms, and luckily enough, they are plentiful this time of year and one worm will fill the eel for a couple days :)

Ok...
  • live or frozen bloodworm
  • live or frozen brine shrimp
  • live or frozen daphnia
  • live jumbo bloodworm
  • live glassworms
  • live earthworms
  • live river shrimp
  • live red crab
  • live snails
  • live mealworms
  • live waxworms
  • live or canned crickets
  • live locusts
  • frozen krill
  • frozen prawns
  • fresh or frozen cockle
  • fresh or frozen mussell
  • fresh or frozen edible crab
  • fresh or frozen whitebait/sprats
  • fresh or frozen peas
  • JMC sinking pellets
  • JMC protein granules
  • Hikari algae wafers
  • King British sinking tablets
  • flake!

oh yeh forgot, mealworms, crickets and super worms.

fed a hand ful of worms out the pond filter yesterday ray was very keen for them as was everyone else!!

I feed my fish a mixture of live and frozen. I just try and vary it, sometimes il buy some shrimp altho less so now than before because most of my older oddballs are not with me anymore. I used to love watching the DP's eating, a wicked sight!

dman

SirMinion said:
Ok...
  • live or frozen bloodworm
  • live or frozen brine shrimp
  • live or frozen daphnia
  • live jumbo bloodworm
  • live glassworms
  • live earthworms
  • live river shrimp
  • live red crab
  • live snails
  • live mealworms
  • live waxworms
  • live or canned crickets
  • live locusts
  • frozen krill
  • frozen prawns
  • fresh or frozen cockle
  • fresh or frozen mussell
  • fresh or frozen edible crab
  • fresh or frozen whitebait/sprats
  • fresh or frozen peas
  • JMC sinking pellets
  • JMC protein granules
  • Hikari algae wafers
  • King British sinking tablets
  • flake!
I hope Paul realises the quality of food he will have to live up to with Cookie... :lol:

It looks like living the Minions are the Michelin starred caterers to the fish world... ;)

Most reactions

Back