What Do You Buy From Wildwoods?

connorsbala

Leader Of The Seahorse's!
Reaction score
What do you get at wildwoods fish shop when you go? Is there a range of tank plants?

as far as i remember no they dont have an amazing plant selection
although they do tend to sell quite nice condition various plants attached to wood for about £15
the one i bought is about 6 inches long and the plant the name of which escapes me is still going strong a year later

i wouldnt get too excited about their oddball knowledge - the guy told me the reason they didnt stock dwarf puffers anymore was that they had found out the hard way that they
werent good community fish

er...yeah its a puffer!! clue's in the name.

but when i do go its either cichlids or the basics - wood and so on - quite a nice basket of that but since discovering maidenhead aquatics i tend not to bother with wiildwoods

Wildwoods hasn't a great range of plants, the equipment they sell is well over priced & knowledge it depends who serves you, but as far as fish are concerned they have a great choice many of which are not stocked by the average lfs all their fish appear healthy. To this day i have never had any problems with fish i have brought from them.

I do agree, they do not have a large range of plants, i have seen smaller shops with a larger variety, I usually go for more unusual plants, and one thats float, or like grasses to cover the substrate, but they just dont do them.

I'd have to disagree about the puffers, i've been there recently and they seem to have a good selection, as well as in their new Brackish system.

I go in there for a variety of things, so nothing specific each time to be honest.

There is a Maidenhead up that way, it's inside the Wyedale centre. May be I’ve been unlucky but the few times I’ve brought fish from there they have died or have come down with some sort of ailment. There is another shop worth having a look at, I forget the name but it's at the back of the Springtime Centre. Their tropical selection is quite standard, but every now & then you'll find something unusual. Where they really excel is in their marine section, makes me drool every time I’m there.

I've never had any problems with fish bought from that Maidenhead Aquatics. Usually they seem quite healthy. Cheap Amano shrimps :good: . Saying that, I haven't been for a long long time :blush:

The one next to Springtime Nursery is called Home Marine I think. There are a few more smaller fish stores along that road.

I find dry goods are always a lot more expensive in LFS compared to online prices but there is postage to consider when you buy online.

i live in norwich but i do try and get to wildwoods every 2 months or so. i like their cichlids (i keep discus and apistogrammas) and its one of a few places you can see lots of different pleco's including L046 zebra's. another good shop i take in on the same day is wholesale tropicals in bethnal green road, they also have a good selection of dwarf cichlids and catfish

The catfish are just awesome (though many at an eye watering price, but justly so).
I just stand and drool in front of those tanks and wish I could have them all! :drool:

I went today looking for a leopard frog pleco L134 but some guy said they didnt know what it was! I really wanted one but was dissapointed! On some website that says all their stocking list states they stock them! And i have a whitespot infested tank so i couldnt buy anything! Its a nightmare,wish i didnt buy those neon tetras! :-(

Don't rely on their online stock list. If you are after a specific fish, phone or email them to make sure they have them in stock or reserve them. Save you a wasted journey if you have to travel far. They also have a wish list that you can fill in on their website. Hope your tank gets sorted out soon. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back