What Do I Need?

dgoulston

Reaction score
on the way home from work today im
going to pop into
http://www.aquaticdesign.co.uk/ off oxford st, London as advised on here that its a good shop, and get my final bits,

Gonna get a water testing kit thing, and ask for some guidance on fish and all..

any advice on other things i might need?

Darren

my tank:
tank1_sm.jpg

Tank:
Fluval Roma 90 designer tank (which came with the stand/cabinet) £180

Filter:
Fluval 2 Plus underwater fliter

Heater:
Fluval Tronic Electronic Aquarium Heater

Volcano:
Hydor Ario aerator

light 1:
power-glo High Intensity aquarium lamp 15W 55lux(18000k)(says: promotes coral, invertebrate and plant growth)

light 2
power-glo Aquarium Lamp 15w 35lux(18000k) (says it: intensifies fish colors and promotes plant groth)

--------------------------------

I want to get some real plants? what do i need for that? and what ones would you recomend for my tank?

As far as basics, the only other things I can think of is a net and dechlorinator. As far as the lights and plants are concerned, you will need to stick to mainly low light plants as you have less than 1 wpg. The flourescent tubes really don't have enough wattage for plants that require more light. Things like abunias nana, amazon swords, hygro, wisteria, anacharis, java fern and vallis grass will all do fine in a low light tank.

As far as basics, the only other things I can think of is a net and dechlorinator. As far as the lights and plants are concerned, you will need to stick to mainly low light plants as you have less than 1 wpg. The flourescent tubes really don't have enough wattage for plants that require more light. Things like abunias nana, amazon swords, hygro, wisteria, anacharis, java fern and vallis grass will all do fine in a low light tank.

I work it out at 1.5WPG?

20g tank 30w lights, get a life glo tube, there better for plants. What type are they, eg HO T5, T8, T12...

You're right, actually 23.7 gallons which would be 1.265 wpg. I had a senior moment and looked at the £180 at the end of the tank info and figured it to be about 45 gallon.

I work it out at 1.5WPG?

20g tank 30w lights, get a life glo tube, there better for plants. What type are they, eg HO T5, T8, T12...

they are T-8

I brought some small plants today. and the testing kit,
I got 2 Limnophila sessiliflora
and 1 Alternanthera reinectkii "lilacina"
and another one i dont know what its called, will take pics later.

i asked in http://www.aquaticdesign.co.uk/ and they said the lighting was perfect for my tank.

The limnophila will probably be fine but I think the other needs bright lights so you may have trouble getting it to grow.

Most reactions

Back