What do bala shark eat?

Bala sharks (aka silver sharks) will eat most fish foods but like frozen foods too. Brineshrimp, bloodworms, Daphnia, Mysis shrimp, prawn, fish, squid, non-toxic insects and their larvae.

Bala sharks get big (10-12 inches) and need to be kept in groups of 8 or more. They are active fish that need a really long tank (10ft plus) and they jump so it must be covered. They are not really a fish that should be kept in aquariums because of this.

What do you mean by they eating their larvae?
I don't mind keeping in aquariums because they looks gorgeous and got good behavior.....
I say they looks like shark and got silver scale and black color on edge of tail, that's why i like it very much.

They have terrible behaviour in aquariums. They circle, unable to swim at speed, which is what they like to do. They shouldn't be kept in aquariums because of this. They have convenient behaviour for aquarists, but they never get to act in the way they constantly try.

But they are kept and will be kept, because they are disposable creatures to us. So they are omnivores. They eat insects, insect larvae and algae in nature, so quality food and a four metre tank, and you're all set.

What do bala shark eat?
Hello. Bala Sharks eat what most other aquarium fish eat. Flakes, freeze dried foods and pellets. You can feed a little variety every other day. Like the old saying goes: "Feed every other day and the tank stays cleaner and the fish stay leaner". Pretty easy.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hi. I keep 3 Silver Sharks in a 300L aquarium. From their introduction they bonded well with my Australian rainbows, which have similar traits. As they have grown I have been aware of their need for more space, so I have steadily reduced the numbers of other fish in the tank . Decorations and plants are minimal.
My largest is now 8in long, I fear that soon I will have to take them back to my pet shop.

Attachments

• 147.jpg
    147.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 9

Most reactions

Back