What breather bags should i get for shipping fish?

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I've been trying to look online for different options on breather bags and can't find any that seem reputable.
These are the ones I found:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Kordon breather bags are the most commonly used, if you want to use breather bags.

Personally I prefer to use normal fish bags with 1/3 water and 2/3s air.

If you are taking fish to a pet shop, just use normal fish bags.

Kordon doesn't seem to manufacture them anymore.

Kordon breather bags are the most commonly used, if you want to use breather bags.

Personally I prefer to use normal fish bags with 1/3 water and 2/3s air.

If you are taking fish to a pet shop, just use normal fish bags.
No I'm planning to ship (more profitable that way. Plus LPS only offers store credit. Also I think my fish would have a better chance surviving in transit+whoever buys rather than the store)
I will look at Kordon! Thank you!

Breathers are good to single pack individual fish. I have used no name Chinese ones for years, as well as leftover kordon ones. I don't like the longlife ones because I find them brittle. They seem to work though.
Shipping becomes expensive for the shipper, with the price of breathers, and of small styro boxes.

Breathers are good to single pack individual fish. I have used no name Chinese ones for years, as well as leftover kordon ones. I don't like the longlife ones because I find them brittle. They seem to work though.
Shipping becomes expensive for the shipper, with the price of breathers, and of small styro boxes.
Yes. I've been trying to find cheap but sturdy breather bags.
But I would rather have the fish live than have cheaper shipping and the customer upset.

What "no name" Chinese ones do you use? Are they on Amazon or Ebay at all?

do you have a styrofoam shipping container? what service will you use for shipping?

do you have a styrofoam shipping container? what service will you use for shipping?
I'm still working that out. I want to pick out a box size before choosing styrofoam.
I'm definitely using USPS for this. I feel like it they will get it there faster than UPS and it will be cheaper. Their boxes are also free :)

I used the regular Canadian postage, as it was cheaper and as quick as the courriers. People want a deal online, and shipping is no deal. The cost here is very high.

At minimum, you should ship by priority mail if using USPS. Should get to a US destination in 2 to 3 days

I used the regular Canadian postage, as it was cheaper and as quick as the courriers. People want a deal online, and shipping is no deal. The cost here is very high.
Can't use Canadian services sense I'm not in Canada 😅
But I do understand making it cheap and that's what I'm attempting to do.
How many fish do you have ready to ship?
12 but keeping one so 11
At minimum, you should ship by priority mail if using USPS. Should get to a US destination in 2 to 3 days
That's the plan. I will also try to give the option to the customer to do overnight if possible.
Next day/overnight would be the only option I’d do
I would do that but it may be really really expensive for me and the customer, but I could have it as an option.
Fish can survive (IN BREATHER BAGS) for up to 7 days in shipping. But I definitely don't want them in there for that long. Four days at most, three days is what I want, and any less would be amazing.
Less than 24 hours to be safe.
Impossible to do unless I'm shipping it myself 😅.
Don't know what shipping service you have but I want it 🤣

Most reactions

Back