What Bottom Dwellers Plec's & Catfish ? Do You Own !

I was mis-sold this lil' fella:

2973963558_9153bd5c84.jpg

And I say 'mis-sold', coz the Saturday Boy * in the LFS told me they only grow to 6cms. Should have listened to my gut instinct coz I'd done my research beforehand and read that they grown to 20 inches, buuuuuut... I fell into the trap of thinking that a shop assistant would know more than me the newbie...

D'oh...

:angry:

However, I luvs my currently-lil' plec and until he/she gets too big for my 3 foot tank, I'll keep him/her - then do a swap for a bristlenose.

:D

(* This was the guy who told me that I need to feed it TEN bottom feeder pellets a night. Ten?? I'd have a plec the size of a moose!! It gets 2 plec wafers to share with my Siamese Flying Fox and whatever remains of the bottom feeder pellet that should be for the coolies, but gets' yummed down by my greedy piglet zebra danios... ...and the occasional bit of spud...)

1 green phantom plec
my blue phantom died about 2 months back and never replaced him as my green plec became much more active after the fact
1 syno eupt
3 cory's
7 oto's

update heres some of my pleco and catfishes

one of 12 L182
101_0231.jpg

L129 columbian zebra pleco x4 wild cought we did have died not long after getting them
DSCF0007-5.jpg

Striped Raphael Catfish x2
DSCF0020-2.jpg

we did have these a pair but sold them on
101_0181.jpg

l201 wild caught
101_0914.jpg

clown pleco wild cought x5
101_0899.jpg

L191 wild caught x2
101_0912.jpg

breeding pair of common bristlenose new only had 2wks
101_0882-1.jpg

breeding 1xmale 3x females of common bristlenose new only had 2wks
101_0884.jpg

ANCISTRUS XENOCARA BRISTLENOSE 1x m 5xf pic of female
101_0877.jpg

wild caught clown pleco
101_0875.jpg

sorry abt some of the pics some of them only come out at night when the light is off lol

Currently stocking

2 x LDA33
4 X Bristlenose (2 breeding pair)
1 x Gibbiceps (going soon)
50-100 Bn babies
4 x striped corys
1 x Spotted green (no id)

up date on fish
now
1x breeding 1x male & 3x females comon bristlenose x2 divided tank with breeding shrimp

xenocara bristlenose 1xmale 3xfemale in 6.5ft tank all in below some tank with no other fish as yet
just sold them xenocara bristlenose 1xmale 3xfemale

plus i have another breeding pair bristlenose coming soon

at the moment only have plecs corys clown loaches shrimp cherry in my tanks as we are changing over to other to go with plecs and briatlenose we have
dont know yet wot to buy any idea's
was thinking of discus in with my L182 bristlenose as they are in my corner tank
as we just brought a 5 stage r o water unit but not sure yet !!!!!

in the 77x17x18 i dont know yet was going to go bk over to mbuna cichlids but dont know
in my corner tank we have L182 bristlenose still and clown loaches and corys and some breeding shrimp cherry ones

I was mis-sold this lil' fella:

2973963558_9153bd5c84.jpg

And I say 'mis-sold', coz the Saturday Boy * in the LFS told me they only grow to 6cms. Should have listened to my gut instinct coz I'd done my research beforehand and read that they grown to 20 inches, buuuuuut... I fell into the trap of thinking that a shop assistant would know more than me the newbie...

D'oh...

:angry:

However, I luvs my currently-lil' plec and until he/she gets too big for my 3 foot tank, I'll keep him/her - then do a swap for a bristlenose.

:D

(* This was the guy who told me that I need to feed it TEN bottom feeder pellets a night. Ten?? I'd have a plec the size of a moose!! It gets 2 plec wafers to share with my Siamese Flying Fox and whatever remains of the bottom feeder pellet that should be for the coolies, but gets' yummed down by my greedy piglet zebra danios... ...and the occasional bit of spud...)

nice plec tho m8

I love plecs!!!

I've currntly got a large
L114 plec
L25 Scarlet plec
L264 Sultan plec
3 ancistrus
Clown plec
Royal plec

I had a lovely L128 Blue Phantom till the other week when he died and would love another just need to find one that is reasonably priced if anyone knows of any

Most reactions

Back