What Are You Listening To?

My Chemical Romance - House Of Wolves

This song sounds nothing like MCR's old style, it has more of a jazzy sound. Check it out, it's really good.

Now: My Chemical Romance - Cancer

Oh trust me, I know where The Used are from. That's really cool you saw them before they ever had a record out though.

The Used - The Taste of Ink

MetallicA - Blackened
infact... the whole ...And Justice For All Album :)

Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath
Dude! I just got Sabbath Bloody Sabbath weekend before last. Mind blowing. I was completely blindsided when I started hearing some riffs and structures that sounded like Martin Barre (Jethro Tull) and Buck Dharma (BÖC). Arguably Sabbath had slipped a bit from their initial peak, but I prefer to think of it a a richer sound, and Tull and BÖC had just released their most memorable and successful albums (Aqualung and Agents of Fortune respectively) in '73. Made me re-evaluate Tull's winning the first metal Grammy.

In other musical news, advice to parents of elementary school children: If you like a song against your will, and want to not like it any more, turn your children on to it. :S You will then hear it 20,000 times in the next week :crazy:. I have been listening to They Might Be Giants "Dr. Worm" and "Bangs" and Trout Fishing in America "Alien in my Nose" every time my girls get in my car or near my computer for the last month, and my 4 year old was really grooving on Tom Waits "Hang on St. Christopher" on the way back from picking up powerstrips at the Hardware Store th'other night. Think I'll turn them on to the Spice Girls. Not. Radiohead, maybe.
:hyper:

Most reactions

Back