What Are You Listening To?

Prodigy = One Love original 12"
The Clipse = Mr Me Too

Oh dear, not sure if this makes me sad, shows my age (shut up you lot!) or just reflects a slightly eclectic taste... but iTunes decided my phone should have random songs, most of which I skip because there's a few favs on there, but anyhoo...
  • Beastie Boys - Body Movin', Intergalatic, Electrify, Root Down and Sabotage. My fav beasties tracks :D
  • Beatles - Revolution and While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Not my fav Beatles, so why they were chosen I do not know :S
  • Bob Marley - Lively Up Yourself, No Woman Cry
  • De La Soul - The Magic Number and This is a Recording. The only De La Soul I like. Sorry hubby dear, but years of conditioning seem to be failing :p
  • Def Leppard - Have You Ever Needed Someone so Bad. Apparently so ;)
  • Vangelis - Love Song From Bladerunner. Excellent to fall asleep too!
  • Dragonforce - Starfire, Soldiers of the Wasteland, Dawn Over a New World and Where Dragons Rule. We all know who's to blame for that travesty of musical taste. /me denies actually liking them cos it's easier
  • Elvis!!!! - Bossa Nova and Confidence. So, my mum liked him and Elvis was actually the first popular music I ever heard... after he was dead... :S
  • Eric Clapton - I Shot the Sheriff, Layla, Cocaine and Wondeful Tonight. 'ole slow hands rules :)
  • Fall Out Boy - Dead on Arrival, Dance Dance and Homesick at Spacecamp. They're emo(ish) but ace and we can all blame Fella for bringing that joy into my life :p
  • The Fugees - Killing Me Softly. Lauryn Hill has a fantastic voice :nod:
  • Ghost of the Robot - Blocking Brainwaves and Vehicles Shook Me. This is currently my fav band. Pity they broke up a few years ago and their one album ever is so rare it costs over $100 to purchase :/
  • Greenday - Burnout, Welcome to Paradise, When I Come Around and She. Well, obviously, Greenday had to be on the list somewhere :rolleyes:
  • Guns n Roses - Patience, Sweet Child of Mine, Paradise City, One in a Million, November Rain etc etc. Okay, so what, this is possibly my favourite band of all time. Didn't you read the favourite track thread? :sly:
  • Huey Lewis and the News - Back in Time, The Power of Love and Hip to be Square. No, it's not an age thing Andy, it's a Michael J Fox in Back to the Future eyebrows thing :wub:
  • James Marsters - Smile, Come as You Are (Nirvana Cover) and Civilized Man. Yes, this is the guy that plays Spike in Buffy (also the reason that Ghost of the Robot are no more), and yes, he is cute (whether you like it or not Nina) and he can also sing (screw the lot of you on chat) B)
  • Louis Armstrong - Jeepers Creepers, Blueberry Hill and We Have All The Time in the World. This is the man! If you want to listen to an excellent trumpeter (or coronet :) ) or some fantastic vocals then 'ole Satchmo is what you need :good:
  • Mogwai - Punk Rock and Cody. One of my favourite bands (not just because they are Scottish) but also because the mix of styles and talents always gives you something different. Get some Mogwai in your collection now B)
  • Nerfherder - The Buffy Theme, Pantera Fans In Love and 5000 Ways to Die. Okay, so, I'm a Buffy Fan - you mean you didn't spot that? :shifty: I liked about one Nerfherder song and Fella introduced me to more. Fortunately, I still only like these 3 and nothing else! :p
  • Princess Superstar - Bad Babysitter. No comment, but I can think of at least 2 people to blame :X
  • Skid Row - I Remember You. Excellent song. :nod:
  • Sum41 - Makes No Difference. Still growing on me, but considering my other tastes, good choice iTunes! :fun:
  • Wu Tang Clan - Ain't Nothing TA F'Wit. Er, don't ask what it says... Excellent group and 36 Chambers is a fantastic album :*)
Strangely, I actually expected that list to be worse and for there to be even more embarassing and nasty stuff on it. As well as possibly a few goodies (where did Panic at the Disco get to for example?)...

Instead, it would appear that the final tracks are Jamie and the Magic Torch (good alarm sound btw), Fraggle Rock, The A Team and Air Wolf.

/me goes back to her 80s hell

Right now I am listening to four HOBs and a bubbling foam filter, but the mix in my car is:
Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl
CKY - Plastic Plan
Social Distortion - Ball & Chain
Megadeath - A Tout le Monde
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life
Blue Oyster Cult - Divine Wind
Coheed & Cambria - Everything Evil
Barry White - Never Gonna Give You Up
William Shatner & Ben Folds - Common People (cover of Pulp)
Bruce Dickinson - The Return of the King
The Bloodhound Gang - Jackass
Faith No More - Everything's Ruined
(And a half dozen other songs that just arent springing to mind right now.)

Most reactions

Back