What are you doing today?

Have another 10 or so inches since I did snow removal. Probably 18 inches at the head of the driveway, that will be really heavy and might require hand shoveling.

Weather guy says it stoped snowing but nope, not here. Now getting a fine sleeting snow.

Considering calling in the infantry with a plow.
I guess I made the right call in taking I-75 instead of I-95 home...

Thai was an epic spring storm. 26 inches total snow and ice in the middle of the storm. Called my bud who has a plow this morning. The load was too much for my snow blower with the ice between two layers of snow. About 30 inches of packed mess at the end of my driveway. He finished about about noon. Tomorrow will be cleanup of walks and paths. Did roofs today off a step ladder in my pick up bed with a snow rake.

I really dislike snow.

It seems that El Niño went on vacation... now it's rainy, with temperatures below 27 ºC (the reason for celebration). I even had to turn on the heaters from my aquarium and my brine shrimp culture.

Today I took more pictures. These creatures below love my aquarium glass, despite I always scrubbing the biofilm with the magnet cleaner. Since I don't have money for good microscopes, do you think that they would be Brachionus sp.?
1711331960919.jpeg

1711332016917.jpeg

Sedona - love the scenery but seems to be all "power of crystals" and pyramids folk if you catch my drift
Some truth to that. Quartzite, BLM land, is full of the rock and para people during winter. Many of them taking a break from the fairs that are their bread and butter. It is always an interesting sideshow. Sedona itself is an arts and craft haven that is more mainstream than most realize.

The land is candy for the eyes.

Sitting in a hospital waiting for my dad to have surgery. Don't much care for hospitals...
Old guys being set upon by butchers doesn’t sound good . I hate hospitals . . . and doctors and pill peddlers and insurance companies . I’ll assume your Dad is a Wyoming born and bred . That alone will serve him well . A tough old bird .

Old guys being set upon by butchers doesn’t sound good . I hate hospitals . . . and doctors and pill peddlers and insurance companies . I’ll assume your Dad is a Wyoming born and bred . That alone will serve him well . A tough old bird .
Don’t hate all doctors!

Don’t hate all doctors!
I will concede that there are still some who practice their calling with noble intention but many seem to have fallen under the spell of the hospital CEO’s and the mantra of more money all the time . It’s a shame what happened to doctors . You don’t find a lot of private practices anymore. They are in thrall to the hospital corporations and answer to a bean counter .

I will concede that there are still some who practice their calling with noble intention but many seem to have fallen under the spell of the hospital CEO’s and the mantra of more money all the time . It’s a shame what happened to doctors . You don’t find a lot of private practices anymore. They are in thrall to the hospital corporations and answer to a bean counter .
Big insurance companies and vast health corporations drove doctors out of private practice. Soon private practice will go the way house calls went. I was a salaried academic physician so I had no incentives dangled before me to perform unnecessary procedures or to run a patient mill.

Big insurance companies and vast health corporations drove doctors out of private practice. Soon private practice will go the way house calls went. I was a salaried academic physician so I had no incentives dangled before me to perform unnecessary procedures or to run a patient mill.
I liked what you said but I didn’t like it . Hope that makes sense . Back in the day , at least in the day of my youth , doctors were pillars of the community and someone to be looked up to . A truly noble profession . Sadly that day has passed and doctors are just employees now . I remember going to our family doctor every fall for the school physical and Dr. Arthur A. Foeste was so nice . He always sat and talked to you and you had this impression that he was an important man but at the same time you just knew that he really cared about you personally . That must be what they called the bedside manner . The insurance companies and hospital corporations reducing these men to mere employees is terrible and is the same as what big business did to professional salesmen , customer service , quality and craftsmanship . I do not really like the world we live in with its mad scramble for more and more money . End of rant . Thank you for bearing with a curmudgeonly old sourpuss .

Most reactions

Back