What are you cooking?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh, new item I'm trying from Omaha Steaks. Since I've gone through all chicken items before I figure this is a new item. Scheduled to arrive tomorrow and one just may be dinner tomorrow. ;) Four cost me ~$40.00 USD which sounds pretty high but one must consider that the chicken breasts a 7.5 ounce each and then there is the stuffing stuff and prep. Really the price isn't bad.

First I LOVE a feta cheese and spinach mix but let's add garlic, sun dried tomatoes and olives. How bad can it be? ;) These are actually made for grilling so they are not stuffed rolled but in a pocket on top of the breast. Think of a bread bowl with chicken instead of the bread.

Unless their process is totally messed up I expect to love this item. Obviously it is a Greek influence which is fine with me. I mean how can a combination of feta cheese, spinach, olive, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes be bad???

Haven't tried yet but the spinach/feta chicken breasts look pretty good. Thawed but still in the vacuum pack here is what they look like. This is dinner tonight. They are really put together for grilling but I'll be doing stove-top covered for the first attempt. If the top doesn't brown at all I'll try baking next time. I have 4 of them to play with. In the oven I could do at 350F for 15 or so minutes then turn on the broiler to finish. Since I really like everything in the stuffing, feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, olives and garlic, I don't see how it can miss.

IMG_0686.JPG

Oh, there was another new, to me, item I also ordered. Looks like really good and lean bacon but is cut a lot thicker than I normally use; one pound is 8 slices. I'm sure it will be great cut up in my baked beans and stuff like that but will take a lot of rendering down to get crispy for a bacon cheeseburger. For a burger I figure that I'll probably use half a slice cut up and rendered to crisp... On a burger bacon MUST be crisp! ;)

Oh, it is apple-wood smoked. It wasn't cheap but really no more that a premium pound of bacon at my local grocery. One seriously good looking sliced slab of bacon!
IMG_0688.JPG

I ate the spaghetti and meat sauce leftovers from last night. Warmed it up in the microwave for 2 and a half minutes. Tasted as good as yesterday. I grated some cheddar cheese on top and melted it. Mmm Mmm.🍝

I ate the spaghetti and meat sauce leftovers from last night. Warmed it up in the microwave for 2 and a half minutes. Tasted as good as yesterday. I grated some cheddar cheese on top and melted it. Mmm Mmm.🍝
Cheddar on spaghetti? I've never done that. I do cheese but always Parmesan or Parmesan/Romana with, sometimes, mayhaps mozzarella cheese if doing a chicken/cheese/sauce thing. Cheddar just seems odd to me but may try due to your liking.

Tonight is BBQ chicken breast with fries. Mayhaps I'll warm up some whole kernel corn I have in the fridge to go with.

Oh, the top stuffed chicken I mentioned in an above post with the feta cheese garlic, olives and spinach was yesterday's dinner and the thing was awesome. It will now be a monthly item I order from Omaha Steaks. Since the package holds four of the things it can be a once a week thing. At ~$10.00 Each it seems expensive but is really no more than what you would pay at your local grocery for a totally prepared breast ready to cook.

My F-I-L used to give us Omaha Steaks every year for a while. Pretty good stuff but the dessert & potatoes we liked were switched to somethings not quite as good. I had to learn to keep room in the freezer come Dec. Not something I'd buy for myself but that's what makes a good gift.
The chicken sounds good. Green olives go in deep dish pizza sauce & sometimes on burgers but I may try them with chicken. My husband is a bit iffy on chicken dishes, but we love spinach. I always think he'll like anything except fish if there's cheese involved. He's come a long way over the years, lol

I'm making spaghetti sauce. I made & froze parmesan meatballs yesterday. I can't believe I never thought of baking them but learned it from S-I-L. No turning. I'll throw in the meatballs to finish in the sauce. Then our freezers will be pretty full...for now.

I am the freezer queen :D I make a batch of many things, smaller meatloaves, burgers, chili, cookie dough, shepherd pie guts, shredded meats, etc. Then not as much effort to make yummy dinners for the 2 of us.

Most reactions

Back