What are these?!

Bhuggins

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
This is a new tank with gravel, driftwood, and live plants. It’s been cycled and I just introduced my first fish yesterday. While checking on the fish, I noticed all these almost worm like things on my plants and driftwood. They aren’t moving at all.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 8B58B84A-4EA2-4B95-918F-A545E8810931.jpeg
    8B58B84A-4EA2-4B95-918F-A545E8810931.jpeg
    984.1 KB · Views: 81
  • FF7599F9-982C-4862-A98B-261D4C16D32A.jpeg
    FF7599F9-982C-4862-A98B-261D4C16D32A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
Looks sort of like poop to me.

What kind of fish do you have? What do you feed them? What are your water parameters?

Looks sort of like poop to me.

What kind of fish do you have? What do you feed them? What are your water parameters?

Just two tiny ember tetras. Have some nuisance snails that came in with my plants

It could be poop from them. Are you sure they aren’t moving?

I think There's no way 2 ember tetra can poop all over like that within 2 day.
Do you check if there's any snail?
It looks like snail poop but snail poop is darker. I am not sure what it is. Did you try to rub it?

I doubt its poop. @Byron do you have any ideas?

Ember tetras are shoaling fish. They need to be in groups of 5+ (preferably 6+ but you could get away with 5). Id get more ASAP.
I can not help you with your original question though.

Took a pic of the same leaf and all the junk looks still in the same place to me. I knocked them off the leaves and will see if they are back in the morning.

It almost looks like some sort of inorganic material that has settled on surfaces, but they look worm shaped. I do have a decent snail problem going on but not completely overwhelming. Snails have been in the tank for at least 3 weeks. Yesterday was the first day any fish food was put in the tank.

items placed in tank have been live plants from local fish store (java fern, annubias, Christmas moss), gravel that was washed, driftwood that was soaked for 24 hours. Brand new everything

Oh and none of these things on he glass at all. Have never had worms in a tank to deal with so did a crash course google search on that today and noticed most people say you see them on the glass and can see them moving

Just poop. Use a gravel vacuum to get it all out.

Most reactions

Back