What Are These White Bumps?

Donna

Reaction score
My fish recently started sprouting these white bumps. I don't think it is ich - does anyone know or have seen this?

Attachments

• my_fish.JPG
    my_fish.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 28
  • my_fish.JPG
    my_fish.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 23
Eeechhh :crazy: Looks like dead skin or something. Maybe it's a side-effect / reaction to the acid dip and dye?

never seen that before!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

but yeah it could be something like that, that fish has definately been dyed so this could be one of the consequences

Okay someone on another forum said it might be breeding tubercles. Ever hear of those?

Okay someone on another forum said it might be breeding tubercles. Ever hear of those?

yeah not in parrots, but some fish do produce little tubercules.... don't think that's what it is though, they're not normally anywhere near that scale. :/

No theya rent tubercles, more like blisters. Poor fish must be in pain.
I dont know what to suggest for it either.

Its body look patchy to me does it normally look like that.
Does the fish flick as though something irratating it.

i wouldnt say it would be a side effect of dye because it would more along the middle of their body, i do think it is breeding tubercule things, do you have another parrot in the tank???

it could be a side effect but dont take my word for it.

it could be a type of anchor worm.

I can see some pimple things on the fish dark in the centre with a white edging around them.
Wonder if there ulcers with fungus growing on them.
Have you check out lateral line desease.

Look under head and lateral line erosion.
http://www.fish-disease.net/diseases.htm

if it was an ulcer i could tell you strait away but the colour of the fish makes it really hard to diagnose that as the problem.

Yes there is one other parrot but that one does not have any of these bumps. I have a few gouramis and some other fish but none have the same problem. The white bumps don't seem to bother it since it is swimming fine and not rubbing or acting weird. Just a little quieter than normal and spending a lot of time hear the heater.
How can I find out more about the breeding tubercles?

That fish not breeding its ill.

over a period of say a few days does it look like it is getting worse or not changing???

It may help everyone if you post your water stats, any new additions to the tank, tank temp, ect.
Ive never seen anything like it though! Kind of icky!!

Most reactions

Back