What are the freshwater aquarium fish kept privately that are most lethal to humans?

Frozen bloodworms cause problems to some people due to the bacteria on them and also a protein in them. One of my coworkers at the shop was allergic to them but we didn't know until after he fed the fish. His hands and face went red and puffed up. He was ok but we changed brands of bloodworm after that and he wasn't allowed to handle them.

Frozen bloodworms cause problems to some people due to the bacteria on them and also a protein in them. One of my coworkers at the shop was allergic to them but we didn't know until after he fed the fish. His hands and face went red and puffed up. He was ok but we changed brands of bloodworm after that and he wasn't allowed to handle them.
He probably knew, just wanted a day off :lol:

I do not disagree that the red belly Piranha is not a problem. The black Piranha is a really dangerous fish. About 30 yrs ago I got one dumped on me, because the owner was scared to death by this fish. It would try to attack you through the glass. When you added gold fish to the tank it would attack the top. It was fed well. You could see the blood color in it's eyes. It would slowly fad with time. His name was Chopper, because he would chop the fins off the goldfish (6 to 8 inch) until it could only flail at the top. It would then bite the eyes out and eat the rest. It was finally give to the New Orleans aquarium. They were thrilled and gave it a 500 gal tank to live out it solitaire life.(They are solitary fish) I believe they are now illegal to keep in the US.

Most reactions

Back